Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Post your Christmas score!!

1235»

Comments

• cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    Lowflyer said:
    I'm running the Klipsh RF-7's w/ the Denon 3806 and the neighbors (and wife) don't like.
    RF-7's are niiiiiiiiiiice.  When I bought my R35 set up, I couldn't afford a 7.1 system in the 7 series.  No real point to upgrade now, but I sure as heck would love to.  I've had my 35's for about 8 years and they're still going strong.  Got to love good build quality.

I think Denon's warm sound & Klipsch are the perfect combo.  My Denon 4308ci has been a trooper too.  

Dang, I have a itch to buy something now.  lol
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Thanks to you guyz, I just started buying the stuff for a stereo, music-only, system. Since it has to co-exist with my surround sound stuff, it can't be too massive.  

I just got a Klipsch RB-81 II delivered, haven't plugged it in yet.  If I like it, I'll buy a second, and the Klipsch RW12D sub. 

Amp will be http://shop.emotiva.com/collections/amplifiers/products/xpa200  Emotiva XPA200.

Preamp will be http://shop.emotiva.com/collections/processors/products/usp1 Emotiva USP-1

Digital player Oppo BDP-103

Turntable - SWMBO will have to buy that - she has about 900-1000 vinyl albums. 

I'm gonna make a shelf unit to hold it all, will cast 150 pound cement top for the turntable.

finally - a touch-screen pad or something for streaming stuff on-line or off hard drive.
    By the way, thanks a lot for another obsession.  Like I need it. ;)
    Fiskar's X7 hatchet.  Splits kindling for starting fires in the woodstove to keep me warm while I BBQ outside on the BGE.
    Weber Kettle, Weber Genesis Silver B, Medium Egg, KJ Classic (Black)
  • cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    Thanks to you guyz, I just started buying the stuff for a stereo, music-only, system. Since it has to co-exist with my surround sound stuff, it can't be too massive.  

I just got a Klipsch RB-81 II delivered, haven't plugged it in yet.  If I like it, I'll buy a second, and the Klipsch RW12D sub. 

Amp will be http://shop.emotiva.com/collections/amplifiers/products/xpa200  Emotiva XPA200.

Preamp will be http://shop.emotiva.com/collections/processors/products/usp1 Emotiva USP-1

I'm gonna make a shelf unit to hold it all, will cast 150 pound cement top for the turntable.

finally - a touch-screen pad or something for streaming stuff on-line or off hard drive.
    Niiiiiiice!   Let us know how it works out!
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • Thanks to you guyz, I just started buying the stuff for a stereo, music-only, system. Since it has to co-exist with my surround sound stuff, it can't be too massive.  

Nola......emotiva is good stuff.  At Rocky Mountain Audio Fest they always have some hot babes in their room!  If you decide to get a turn table give me a shout.  There are a bunch of good TT's out there these days.  Turn Tables are expensive.  So you need might some guidance through the mine fields.The Oppo will serve you well.  The Oppo is a very good player, actually an over achiever,  for the money.
     New Orleans was once filled with good HiFi stores but since Katrina it seems most have gone out of business.   There are still a couple of shops there but none(as far as I know) really specialize in Turn Tables.  And it is a specialty as they have to be tuned like musical instruments.  Congrats and good listening......
  • nolaegghead
    Nola......emotiva is good stuff.  At Rocky Mountain Audio Fest they always have some hot babes in their room!  If you decide to get a turn table give me a shout.  There are a bunch of good TT's out there these days.  Turn Tables are expensive.  So you need might some guidance through the mine fields.The Oppo will serve you well.  The Oppo is a very good player, actually an over achiever,  for the money.
     New Orleans was once filled with good HiFi stores but since Katrina it seems most have gone out of business.   There are still a couple of shops there but none(as far as I know) really specialize in Turn Tables.  And it is a specialty as they have to be tuned like musical instruments.  Congrats and good listening......
    Thanks rusty - I'll take you up on that.  Our turntable is a POS Technics SL-BD20.  I'd even consider building one.  I have an O-scope and lots of diagnostic stuff...obviously wouldn't try building the stylus arm.

Any brand/model recommendations so I can start looking?
  • If you want to build google Teres.  That TT was a result of a forum that built their own.  Is there a function to PM me here?  if so give me a shout and I'll send my private info.  There are many options depending on how much you want to spend.  I can give you a couple of options that are by no means a complete list.  George Merrill in Memphis is by far the best guy to talk to.  He builds a couple of superb tables and is a legend in the field.  And he is a hell of a nice guy to boot.  (gmanalog.com)  Clear Audio Concept gets a lot of good press.  Rega is also a good table.  The VPI Traveler has been getting mucho good reviews too.  You seem like a techincal guy, but TT's are tricky.  And George is the guy. Also check out the KAB modified Technics.  kabusa.com.  They are known for one of the best bang for the buck TT's.
  • nolaegghead
    @rustypotts - I PM'd ya.  Look for it in your eggheadforum inbox. 
    cazzy said:

Lowflyer said:

I'm running the Klipsh RF-7's w/ the Denon 3806 and the neighbors (and wife) don't like.

RF-7's are niiiiiiiiiiice.  When I bought my R35 set up, I couldn't afford a 7.1 system in the 7 series.  No real point to upgrade now, but I sure as heck would love to.  I've had my 35's for about 8 years and they're still going strong.  Got to love good build quality.

I think Denon's warm sound & Klipsch are the perfect combo.  My Denon 4308ci has been a trooper too.  

Dang, I have a itch to buy something now.  lol

Big mistake on my part and too many adult beverages, I'm running the Klipsch RF-3 II (big difference from the RF-7's). The neighbors and wife still don't like.

:D