Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

My first light of the Egg

Strummer
Strummer Posts: 21
edited December 2012 in EggHead Forum
My parents gave me a large BGE for Christmas which was totally unexpected. I was floored. I couldn't believe it. Due to the nasty weather and my work schedule, it was 5 days of torture until I could light it for the first time. All I could do was stare at the Egg through my back window. The most expensive gift I had ever received and it was sitting outside in the rain! Last night, I chose filet mignon with asparagus for my first meal on my Egg. Mainly because that is what my girl wanted! It was probably not the best choice of cut for my first time on the Egg but it turned out good. A little over cooked but the taste was there. After I harvested the steaks I put the asparagus on for a few minutes and it was perfect. I was amazed by the temperature control of the Egg. It's so responsive. I have a lot to learn but I look forward to every delicious lesson! Attached is a photo of my maiden lighting.

Comments