Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Best Mother-in-Law ever

Options

My Mother in Law has been hearing me obsess over a BGE.  So she suppressed me with one for Christmas.  Large BGE, Nest, side tables, ash tool, grate lifter, BGE lump, and place setter.  I am sooo pumped I cannot wait to cook with it and post here.

Comments

• Budgeezer
    Options
    I was trying to like your post and hit disagree I hope the edit worked. Enjoy your egg.
    Edina, MN

• henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    I would love to be suppressed with a BGE. Seriously, that's awesome. Get ready to rumble.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    Welcome, what part of the world are you in?
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Skiddymarker
    Options
    Welcome to the world of egging, and yes you do have "the best mother in law" ever. Give her a hug every time you see her, she deserves it. 
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • BENTE
    BENTE Posts: 8,337
    Options
    wow that is great congrats on your first egg!!!!

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• Mickey
    Options
    Cool. I have peoples in Duncan (as I recall it is close?). Been a long, long time.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Dimple's Mom
    Options
    Be sure your first meal on the egg is her favorite!
  • Mickey
    Options
    Be sure your first meal on the egg is her favorite!
    Spoken just like a Mom. AND BOY IS SHE CORRECT

• td66snrf
    td66snrf Posts: 1,822
    Options
    Does your wife have any sisters??
    XLBGE, LBGE, MBGE, SMALL, MINI, 2 Kubs, Fire Magic Gasser
  • MJG
    MJG Posts: 598
    Options
    This post makes me hate my MIL even more!
    Large Big Green Egg in a nest. North Shore of Boston.
  • Scottborasjr
    Options
    My mother in law bought me a large two years ago when my wife was laid up with a broken ankle.  She bought me a medium for Christmas this year which I will break in tomorrow.  Just count your blessings that you have a in-law that understands our obsession.
    I raise my kids, cook and golf.  When work gets in the way I'm pissed, I'm pissed off 48 weeks a year.
    Inbetween Iowa and Colorado, not close to anything remotely entertaining outside of football season.