Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

2 Prime ribs

Options
All. Purchased a 6# prime rib and was set to go. Now it turns out more people are coming than originally planned and I need a second roast. So, will cooking two prime ribs (6# and 4#) simultaneously change the time required. That is should I guesstimate time to cook individually for each or treat it like 1 10# roast. I'm guessing the former with the 4 pounder finishing 30 mins or so before the 6 but wanted to check with all the experts before I ruin Christmas dinner. Yes, I'll be cooking to temp- just trying to plan on plating time. Thanks and Merry Christmas!

Comments

• Skiddymarker
    Options
    If the 4#er is just as thick as it is wide, and it is close to the same profile as the 6#er, they will finish pretty close to the same time. 30 minutes might be the max difference. In fact, if the 4#er is a thicker roast, it might even finish after the 6#er - weird, eh? 
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,378
    Options
    No eggspert here-but unless they are touching in a big way each will cook as a stand-alone roast.  But each will also cook of it's own free will-so monitor both if you can...and enjoy the journey!
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Stacyk
    Stacyk Posts: 19
    Options
    Thanks all - good to know
  • Stacyk
    Stacyk Posts: 19
    Options
    You guys were right - finished within a few minutes of each other. Fantastic meal. Merry Christmas.
  • Skiddymarker
    Options
    Glad it turned out for you, remember that the egg is often a little hotter at the rear, do if you have a slightly larger roast put it to the back...Merry Christmas.....
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!