Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

To foodsaver or not to foodsaver

njl
njl Posts: 1,123
edited December 2012 in EggHead Forum
I recently (few weeks ago) bought a foodsaver which I only just (a few minutes ago) opened. 

I made ribs today, which will be dinner 2 days from now.  They're wrapped in parchment and ziplocked right now in the fridge...thinking of freezing them.  Is it worth foodsaver sealing them if they're only going to be frozen for a day or so?

Comments

• I wouldn't even freeze them if your going to eat them within 5 days.
  • GrannyX4
    GrannyX4 Posts: 1,491
    When I pre bake ribs (which I often do to transport to the kids house) I always put them in a foodsaver bag with a little liquid. No need to freeze and the ribs will absorb the liquid and be moist.
    Every day is a bonus day and every meal is a banquet in Winter Springs, Fl !
  • I just enjoyed some cooked ribs that I vacuum sealed from November.  Punched a hole in the bag, microwaved for 2.5 minutes and enjoyed some tasty, juicy,  delicious ribs tonight.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Welcome to the Swamp.....GO GATORS!!!!
  • If you vac pack them, you can heat in a warm water bath, avoid the dreaded microwave yuk. 
    I would not freeze foodsaver ribs if you plan to eat within 7 days
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • I just enjoyed some cooked ribs that I vacuum sealed from November.  Punched a hole in the bag, microwaved for 2.5 minutes and enjoyed some tasty, juicy,  delicious ribs tonight.
    Why punch the hole and microwave? Just put in boiling water since its vacuum sealed.