Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Salado Fest / Inn On The Creek

Need you to notify Will at the Inn On The Creek if you want to hold your room for the Salado Fest. After the First all rooms go open. Call me if a problem. Mickey 254.289.1877
Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

Comments

• Pam and I are staying at the Best Western, just down the road.  We stayed there last year and were very pleased.  Cost was even better at $89.

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Gary it is a nice place.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    I'm interested in getting a room. When I checked online months ago, it said all rooms were booked. What are the rates?
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • Mickey
    edited December 2012
    cazzy I have booked for us at Inn of the Creek (the whole Inn), Holiday Inn (30 rooms) and Best Western(25 rooms), Best if you call and not use computer.

• Mickey
    edited December 2012
    Salado Room Rates:
    Inn on the Creek (we have the full Inn) Call Will @ 254.291.9626 ((this is where both parties are)) And they have added rooms to the Inn now and another bar.
    Best Western $89.99 (25 Rooms) 254.947.4001
    Holiday Inn $109.99 (30 rooms) 254.947.4004
    Ask for Big Green Egg / Salado EggFest when calling. For the Inn be sure and talk with Will.
    You might want to make revs soon as Austin has South by Southwest or one of the big deals that weekend and it fills up.

• Mickey said:
    Salado Room Rates:
    Inn on the Creek (we have the full Inn) Call Will @ 254.291.9626 ((this is where both parties are)) 

What parties?

Dripping Springs, Texas.

• Mickey
    edited December 2012
    Mickey said:
    Salado Room Rates:
    Inn on the Creek (we have the full Inn) Call Will @ 254.291.9626 ((this is where both parties are)) 

What parties?
    If you were a little nicer to me you would get more info.
    Sir you are invited to the Friday late afternoon/evening standing around and sticking something good on the Egg party AS WELL AS the pretty much the same party for Sat after the fest party. You may or may not bring food or beverage, but for sure you need to be there.
    For the rest of you, you are all invited but if I tell VI that he would not  show. VI is one of the Marx Brothers in that he is not bothering to go if someone like him is invited. What can I say, I have strange friends.

• Mickey said:
    Mickey said:
    Salado Room Rates:

What parties?
    If you were a little nicer to me you would get more info.

For the rest of you, you are all invited but if I tell VI that he would not  show. VI is one of the Marx Brothers in that he is not bothering to go if someone like him is invited. What can I say, I have strange friends.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XzPBUGUM7KQ

Dripping Springs, Texas.

• cazzy said:
    I'm interested in getting a room. When I checked online months ago, it said all rooms were booked. What are the rates?

I think I'm in at $119. It's close to that if not
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • Mickey
    Call and get them to lower if you are in one of the hotels I have a deal with.

• Mickey said:
    Call and get them to lower if you are in one of the hotels I have a deal with.

I'm in one of the condos at Inn on the creek, I think. I better go check
  • Mickey
    Each unit is dif priced at Inn on the Creek. We will have the whole Inn.

• Mickey said:
    Each unit is dif priced at Inn on the Creek. We will have the whole Inn.

sounds right. It seemed like a decent deal.
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    When I called several months ago all the places within walking distance were taken. I booked the hie...its gonna be a long stumble.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • Mickey
    Call me when you have a min

• Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    How close is Salado to Georgetown? I am planning on staying at my FIL's house if it's close enough.
  • Mickey

How close is Salado to Georgetown? I am planning on staying at my FIL's house if it's close enough.

30 mins North with both cities on I35.