Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Give your kids an extra hug tonight

Wolfpack
Wolfpack Posts: 3,551
My heart is broken for the families from today's senseless tragedy.
Greensboro, NC

Comments

• Bullibe
    Bullibe Posts: 132
    I don't have children but will have those families in my prayers. How could anyone do this to another, much less a child !  The thought sickens me. May God give them some measure of peace and comfort.
    Redneck Riviera, Gulf Shores, Alabama
  • I literally cried today watching my son play in the front yard today. Death happens but the horrendous intentional murder of little kids I can't wrap my head around the process behind that or the pain the parents must feel.
    Boom
  • Tjcoley
    Tjcoley Posts: 3,551
    +1. Can not imagine how devestaiting this was for the community. One of the worst US tradegies. My 3 yo grand daughter could not understand why I wanted to keep her so close tonight

"Entrepreneurs are simply those who understand that there is little difference between obstacle and opportunity, and are able to turn both to their advantage."

• As a teacher and parent, today was really a tough one. School is supposed to be the safest place to go as a child. I believe my students feel this way. Will they feel the same way on Monday? I care for those children like they are my own. I can't imagine what they are going through.

As a parent, I tucked in my twins and cried thinking about the empty beds that 20 sets of parents have to look at. So sad.
    Mark Annville, PA
  • I hugged both my kids today extra long and prayed for the families and for classmates that saw unspeakable horrors. 

People like Michael Moore are disgusting for taking this opportunity before the smoke clears to push their political agenda.  The man's a turd. 

Flint, Michigan
  • Don't forget Anderson Cooper Freddie.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• rholt
    rholt Posts: 392
    Before having children I would have looked at today as a "tragedy". But ever since having my two boys I take everything closer to heart. I cried thinking about if I had my children taken away so senselessly. There is a book that my wife and I read to our oldest son called love you forever. I can barely get through it on a regular night... The recurring line of the book says

"I'll love you forever, I'll like you for always. As long as I'm living, my baby you'll be."
  • BOWHUNR
    BOWHUNR Posts: 1,487
    My heart and prayers go out to the families of the children and adults whose lives were torn from them today.  I can only pray that there is a very special place in hell for the shooter.  After today's events there will be much talk of gun control, but the reality is that we as society MUST not continue to turn a blind eye to mental illness.  No one will be able to convince me that there were not signs that this evil little monster was about to snap.

Mike

I'm ashamed what I did for a Klondike Bar!!

Omaha, NE
  • Ya never stop worrying about your kids, ever. Mine are in their 30's, I still worry. Tragedies like this bring it all home as we now think about our grandchildren. I picked up my my six year old granddaughter today after school, like every Friday, she bursts out the door with a big smile wearing her tutu and Ug boots, runs up and gives me a big hug - today she could not understand why I would not let her go and started to cry. Life can be cruel with strange and unimaginable twists - but it should never be for those so young and innocent. My prayers are with those in Newtown. 

Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • psalzer
    psalzer Posts: 108
    I was sitting in the "car rider" line yesterday waiting to pick up my grandkids when I began hearing the details..... this is beyond what a normal person can comprehend!
  • So, so sad for everybody.  My thoughts and prayers go out to all that are effected.  Last night a did not want to let my 8 year old out of my sight.

"You are who you are when nobody is looking"

• I hugged both my kids today extra long and prayed for the families and for classmates that saw unspeakable horrors. 

People like Michael Moore are disgusting for taking this opportunity before the smoke clears to push their political agenda.  The man's a turd. 

Fred, your post does the same thing. This isn't the time or place to call people names. Remembering the victims is what is important. Let's not sully this with who did what or when. It really doesn't matter right now. If we don't talk about them, they have no platform. I also despise both sides of this agenda coming out so soon and the media for interviewing these kids ON AIR before they could even realize what happened. They are just profiting from tragedy.

Just a point of clarification and then I'll drop it.  Calling Michael Moore a disgusting turd is not the same thing as his call for gun control.  If I said gun carry laws that make schools "gun free zones" and thus a safe place for sick basturds like this monster to shoot without the risk of return fire, THAT would have been the same as what Moore did.

BTW, While not a native here, I live where Moore was spawned and on behalf of the citizens in these parts, I apologize to the world. 

Flint, Michigan
  • BTW, While not a native here, I live where Moore was spawned and on behalf of the citizens in these parts, I apologize to the world. 
    Not to worry, Fred.  There are loonies in every state.  I don't want to apologize for Lee Harvey Oswald.

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

• henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    @rholt...several years ago I read John Eldridge's book "Wild at Heart". There are three things every kid should hear. I didn't and maybe that drives me to pound this home to my kids.
    I love you....unconditionally
    I'm proud of you
    No matter what, I'm here for you.

Thanks rholt...you're right.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • I have been completely speechless ever since hearing of the senseless tragedy in CT.  Having three kids myself, two in elementary school, I can't comprehend this.  This has touched so many people on so many different levels, my thoughts and prayers are with them all.