Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Monteray Jack-Stuffed Chicken Breasts with Chipotle and Bacon Slather

I'm not sure if Qjuju is on this forum, but he is the one who inspired me to make this.  It's from a BGE Cooking Tips magazine (pages 12 and 13)...

http://issuu.com/biggreenegg/docs/plank_cooking_79?mode=window&viewMode=doublePage

First, the chicken breasts are each pocketed with 2 slices of Monteray Jack Cheese (recipe calls for Pepperjack).

Then the Slather is applied (mixture of Mayo, Bacon, Green Onions and Chipotle in Adobo).

Then it's grilled up indirect on Cedar Planks at around a 350 - 375 deg f dome temperature.

It was even better than it looks in the pictures!  My wife made an awesome Zucchini dish to go with it too. 

Looks sinful, but it's actually a great dish for those of us on a low carb diet.  This recipe was a winner!  Will definitely make the rotation!

Comments