Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pulled Pork casserole ideas

Options
JayHawkEye
JayHawkEye Posts: 196
Does anybody have a good casserole recipe that features pulled pork? We've already done the fajitas/tacos/nachos with our leftovers and I'd like to finish them off so I have room/excuse to do another smoke this weekend. Thanks.
"Take yourself lightly, but what you do seriously." - M. Martin XL BGE - Johnston, IA

Comments

• Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Lasagna style but use roasted poblanos instead of noodles. You can use Mexican rice too. Pizzas are awesome with it.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• NecessaryIndulg
    NecessaryIndulg Posts: 1,298
    edited November 2012
    Options
    I've never made a casserole, but I've made Enchiladas and Pizzas with my leftover PP.

I love the lasagna idea!  You could also make a Mexican pie type thing using green chili tortillas.  Sort of like one of those 9 layer dips, but a lasagna/pie. 
    <making a note to try this>
    :-B
    I'm Kristi ~ Live in FL ~ BGE since 2003.
    I write about food & travel on Necessary Indulgences.  
    You can also find me on FacebookInstagram, and Twitter.
  • Little Steven
    Options
    I've never made a casserole, but I've made Enchiladas and Pizzas with my leftover PP.

I love the lasagna idea!  You could also make a Mexican pie type thing using green chili tortillas.  Sort of like one of those 9 layer dips, but a lasagna/pie. 
    <making a note to try this>
    :-B
    I learned that by mistake. I did a bunch of poblanos and put them in paper bags forgetting that it was cold out. I was trying to make chili rellenos. :\">

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• miscjames
    Options
    Think Soup/stew. Like a hambone style soup but with pulled pork :) 
  • Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Options

What about like a Mexican lasagna using tortillas instead of noodles, maybe with some corn and black beans, Oaxaca cheese, Chihuahua or queso blanco (not sure what kinds of mex cheeses you can get in your neck of the woods) or Monterrey Jack, enchilada sauce. Although, now that I think about it, that would be kinda like a stacked enchilada casserole vs rolled up enchiladas.

Could you come up with a stir fry for it?

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• Fouker187
    Options
    Chili turns out nice with pulled pork.
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,759
    Options
    barbequed bean and cheese rellanos would be good with the pulled pork, trick is to find big poblanos

brunswick stew is good to, chop or grind the pull though,
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • SmokinDAWG82
    Options
    barbequed bean and cheese rellanos would be good with the pulled pork, trick is to find big poblanos

Those rellanos look mighty tasty
    LBGE
    Go Dawgs! - Marietta, GA
  • JayHawkEye
    Options
    Thanks, all, for the suggestions. Went with a taco pizza tonight and a simple cream soup/stuffing casserole for tomorrow. Definately going to do the pablano "noodles" in the near future.
    "Take yourself lightly, but what you do seriously." - M. Martin XL BGE - Johnston, IA