Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT We've Talked Turkey, What About Potables?

Turkey?  Check!  Dressing?  Check!  Cranberries, Potatoes, Yams, Salads?  Check, check, check and check!

What are we drinking?  DON'T TELL ME YOU FORGOT THAT????

Since I'm the only one imbibing alcohol this year, I'm sticking with Sam Adams!  Maybe I'll mix in a bourbon highball after a Lions victory!!

GO LIONS!

Flint, Michigan

Comments

• I usually roast off a couple of garlic buds for the mashed spuds and chop up a bunch of chives to mix in.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    +1 on the Sam Adams...pizza on right now.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • Sam Smith Stout right meow. 
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
  • bigphil
    bigphil Posts: 1,390
    rare breed wild turkey and some martinis and since the wife and i are off till monday maybe some markers mark 
    Large Big Green Egg , XL Big Green Egg . BBQ Guru, Weber Kettle, Weber Q grill for road trips.
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,428
    Wino here.  Finding a good wine match for Thanksgiving dinner can be a challenge.  Pinot Griegio works okay, as does a Zinfandel.  A Timpranillo (sp?) works best that I've found so far...  
    Just keep the wine, any wine, away from the cranberry sauce!  
    :-&

"I mean, I don't just kill guys, I'm notorious for doing in houseplants."  - Maggie, Northern Exposure

• Tamale cornbread.

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

• As a a Canadian it is not Thanksgiving, we already had ours - however, since 1971, my first business trip to the USA, I vowed that any country that takes a two days before a weekend for Thanksgiving deserves our complete support. The birth of my daughter in Elmhurst Il in 1979 sealed it, our family celebrates both Thanksgivings - kinda like a training camp for the upcoming Christmas eating marathon. 

Anyway, some one mentioned it above, picked up a nice Spanish red, Manyana, nice tempranillo. 

Happy Thanksgiving to all our American friends!
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • Uh Skiddy, Mebbe you could join in on the post I already put up on that subject eh?

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Uh Skiddy, Mebbe you could join in on the post I already put up on that subject eh?
    Did so....
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • You Canucks are just a bit slow on the uptake eh?

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Yeah, I have dual citizenship, Canada and British Columbia, sometimes I get so confused....
  • Tis hard to be a Canuck. Identity crisis and all that. Least you have a hockey team.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• +1 on the Sam Adams. 1 bottle of Pinot noir down tonight working on the second.
    Kind Regards...Papa C
    Peachtree City, GA
    2-XLBG's E...Webber 22" kettle, Retired Gas Grill
    Roll Tide!!!
  • Vodka tonic with olives
    Boom
  • Traditional Mimosas tomorrow morning, perhaps a bloody Mary or 2, Followed by some wine, cab and Riesling. Plenty of Sam Adams on ice for the pedestrians!
    LBGE
    Go Dawgs! - Marietta, GA
  • Tjcoley
    Tjcoley Posts: 3,551
    Spending the day at my sisters.  Brother-in-law just tapped a fresh keg of Riverhorse Imperial Pumpkin Ale for tomorrow.  35 for dinner and I'm Egg-less.  I'll be spatching a turkey on her gasser., along with pig candy and maple glazed sweet Tater Tots.  
    Doc_Eggerton Posts: 5,321
    edited November 2012
    Tis hard to be a Canuck. Identity crisis and all that. Least you have a hockey team.
    And Curling!  How cool is that.  My folks lived in Palgrave, Ontario for a couple of years, and there was a Curling "alley" just up the road from them.

Oh, and to the OP, Thanks Giving and New Years are dedicated ice cold Andre Pink Champagne days.

XXL #82 out of the first 100, XLGE X 2, LBGE (gave this one to daughter 1.0) , MBGE (now in the hands of iloveagoodyoke daughter 2.0) and lots of toys

• U_tarded
    U_tarded Posts: 2,041
    I have a Mormon thanksgiving in my future so I'm getting my bourbon fix tonight with some makers 46
  • Angels Envy
    Born and raised in NOLA. Now live in East TN.
  • Tis hard to be a Canuck. Identity crisis and all that. Least you have a hockey team.
    And Curling!  How cool is that.  My folks lived in Palgrave, Ontario for a couple of years, and there was a Curling "alley" just up the road from them.

Oh, and to the OP, Thanks Giving and New Years are dedicated ice cold Andre Pink Champagne days.
    Doc, Too cool. I'm about 7 miles from Palgrave. Same latitude exactly. Nice little town. Think it may even be in Caledon where I live

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• LS, help me out.  I'd like to Google Earth where they lived, but don't know the address.  I can't tell from just Googling "Palgrave Curling" what road that is.  Maybe you can understand it better based on the curling rink.  How many can there be in a little town?

BTW, made many trips there, both winter and summer.  Mmmm, Labatt's and Crackling Rose wine.  My Dad was the NASA rep to SPAR for the Canada Arm.

XXL #82 out of the first 100, XLGE X 2, LBGE (gave this one to daughter 1.0) , MBGE (now in the hands of iloveagoodyoke daughter 2.0) and lots of toys

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,428
    U_tarded said:
    I have a Mormon thanksgiving in my future so I'm getting my bourbon fix tonight with some makers 46
    Oh my Heck!  

"I mean, I don't just kill guys, I'm notorious for doing in houseplants."  - Maggie, Northern Exposure

• cortguitarman
    cortguitarman Posts: 2,061
    edited November 2012
    Sam Adams Octoberfest and Molson Canadian on tap. As for wine, anything from the Coppola winery is excellent.
    Mark Annville, PA
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    I just (10 minutes ago) tapped a fresh keg of Stella Artois. Perfect pour after the first two mugs.  Heaven.  SWMBO just finished a mirliton casserole with shrimp, crawfish and lump blue crab.  We're getting there...lotta morning work, but we're prepped well.
    edited November 2012
    I just finished several John dailys. The wife lady is making some pumpkin pie and I'm going to bed. 0500 is gunna come pretty early.
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
  • nolaegghead

I just finished several John dailys. The wife lady is making some pumpkin pie and I'm going to bed. 0500 is gunna come pretty early.
    Yeah, screw the Arnold Palmer.  You really need to drink them early in the morning for authenticity.  But damn the rules.
    I got 2 litres of Kirkland bourbon from Costco on the way home and then we got a handle of titos and a handle of fireball whiskey when we realized the title was almost gone. Yuengling light is on tap also at the moment. Needed enough alcohol to watch punkin chunkin tomorrow night.
  • U_tarded
    U_tarded Posts: 2,041
    Botch said:

U_tarded said:

Oh my Heck!  

The in laws are full bore card holders, I'm a long ways from home so I sneak alcohol in wherever I can, beer bread, bourbon cranberry sauce makes life interesting
  • nolaegghead

U_tarded said:
    U_tarded said:
    Oh my Heck!  
    The in laws are full bore card holders, I'm a long ways from home so I sneak alcohol in wherever I can, beer bread, bourbon cranberry sauce makes life interesting
    Ya outta dose 'em with some coffee rub.  (evil laughter) 
    Gin and Ginger Ale tomorrow!
    David
    BBQ since 2010 - Oh my, what I was missing.