Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

BGE Customer Service

just spoke with Bruce at BGE . i have to say its a huge delight to speak with a company thats about the customer service and not screw the customer . been having trouble with my dome temp gauges having to be recalibrated  and wanted to see if he had a fix for it . well he did he's sending me a new one along with a new gasket for my large . service like that makes it worth every penny for the egg  
Large Big Green Egg , XL Big Green Egg . BBQ Guru, Weber Kettle, Weber Q grill for road trips.

Comments

• Kosko
    Kosko Posts: 535
    I second that!. I also talked to Bruce when. Fried my gasket on my large ( 3 weeks old ) he said he was sending one that morn.......got home from work next day and it was on my porch! Doesn't get any better than that!
    Peachtree City, Ga Large BGE
  • cspearce2
    cspearce2 Posts: 107
    Just talked to Bruce today. Replacing my gasket on my XL. Awesome customer service.
    Kind Regards...Papa C
    Peachtree City, GA
    2-XLBG's E...Webber 22" kettle, Retired Gas Grill
    Roll Tide!!!
  • Duganboy
    Duganboy Posts: 1,118
    @bigphil what kind of gasket do they send? Nomex?
  • I've had an XL lid replaced free of charge two years latter an XL kettle. Bruce was involved in both replacements.
  • bigphil
    bigphil Posts: 1,390
    edited October 2012
    Duganboy said:
    he didn't say but when it arrives i'll post what he sent 
    Large Big Green Egg , XL Big Green Egg . BBQ Guru, Weber Kettle, Weber Q grill for road trips.
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Bruce has always taken care of any issues I have had. Living by the retail store in Tucker is really nice just bring a picture in and get your problem fixed. I am heading there after lunch to pick up my new XL.
  • Budgeezer
    Budgeezer Posts: 669
    Just spoke with Bruce as well regarding my gasket.  New one is on the way!
    Edina, MN

• bigphil
    bigphil Posts: 1,390
    Duganboy said:
    temp gauge and gasket came today , its a high temp gasket same one thats on my XL . the gasket is grey in color as opposed the the white nomex 
  • Kosko
    Kosko Posts: 535
    Just did a high temp cook (700) with my new BGE high temp gasket. Works like a champ! Although I was a bit nervous after my original melted on me last Friday night!
    Peachtree City, Ga Large BGE
  • paqman
    paqman Posts: 4,660
    BGE service sucks in Canada... I have problems with my thermometer and they would not replace it... It is all foggy and sometimes it stays stuck at 200. 5 month old... My dealer sent them a waranty claim and it was refused...

Paqman drill a small hole in the bottom side and the foggy will go away.
  • paqman
    Lit said:

Paqman drill a small hole in the bottom side and the foggy will go away.

Wouldn't that void the waranty? Oh wait, it doesn't matter! Sorry, it just pisses me off that the lady at the head office ignores my emails...

Nothing to loose here... Should I just drill the hole through the first metal layer? Or through the white layer as well?

Drill here. Sorry the support sucks there. The USA contact I use is bruce.bohannon@biggreenegg.com. Maybe he can help.image

• James MB
    James MB Posts: 359

The customer service is a US thing. It's no good here in the UK either, perhaps its a cultural thing.
    (Not starting anything, just noting).

• James MB
    James MB Posts: 359
    Great tip on the foggy therm btw. I'm getting the drill out later...
  • paqman
    Thanks @Lit

Maybe BGE holds a Revolutionary War grudge...
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • paqman
    My understanding is that BGE Canada is a separate corporate entity, they are a distributor...  Contacting BGE USA would not help.  Does anyone have a contact at BGE Canada that I could escalate to?  I'd like to get a final answer before drilling a hole in the thermometer. 

paqman said:
    My understanding is that BGE Canada is a separate corporate entity, they are a distributor...  Contacting BGE USA would not help.  Does anyone have a contact at BGE Canada that I could escalate to?  I'd like to get a final answer before drilling a hole in the thermometer. 
    could be worth a try anyway . they may call over on your behalf