Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

More Stir Fry, Chicken This Time

Options

I realized we had way too much veggies in the fridge the other day and that something needed to be done with them. Best way to use all them veggies...stir fry of course. Originally I had wanted to use the new wok I got for the mini, but after chopping a bunch up, I realized that there was no way it was all going to fit. No recipe here, just kinda dumped in a bit of this and a bit of that.

Mise en place - [i](counter clockwise)onions, carrots, red bell pepper, chicken, some sauces, mushrooms, snow peas, baby corn, and broccoli in the middle[/i]

Didn't get many pics on the egg, started getting a bit hotter than I like and had to move quickly, but Mrs. G did pic up the camera for a few.I should have been more clear, but I told the wife to dump in the snow peas. She did. The [b]WHOLE[/b] bag. Guess I should have said [b]some[/b]

Chicken and stir fry noodles getting back in the wok to warm up for a bit.

Didn't get any plated up pics, cuz it was running late and we were starving.

Quick and tasty meal and we cleared out the veggie drawer a bit, so that's a plus.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

Comments

• jfm0830
    jfm0830 Posts: 987
    edited November 2012
    Options
    That looks really good griffin! I am counting the days till my spider arrives. Of course it will take me a while before I can just whip something up without a recipe and have it come out looking good like you do. Jim
    3 LBGE & More Eggcessories than I care to think about.
  • Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Options
    Nah, Jim...you'll be a pro at it in no time. Great thing about stir fry is you don't need a recipe. Just grab a few veggies (whatever you like or have on hand) and cook them in the right order (things that take longer to cook/are tougher) like broccoli, bell peppers, etc go in first, quicker cooking veggies go in later. Oh whoops....forgot, FIRST I generally cook the protein, then pull it out and set to the side, then veggies, then protein back in and add sauces to taste. I usually just add in some soy sauce, some hoison, a store bought sauce and maybe some sriracha. I need to start making my own sauces. There are some real pros on here I can learn some stuff from, but I'm gonna use up what I have first. You're not gonna have any problems with it at all, I know.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings