Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Brisket Chili

WARNING.......This chili contains beans, peppers, & onions! If that offends you, please don't look any further!

I made some chili using brisket yesterday....good comfort food after the big storm rolled through. I thought it was over, but some heavy rains and more winds came through during the cook.

I used about 4lbs of brisket, which I ran through a 3/4" plate on my grinder. I was hoping for a nice coarse grind, but brisket seems to fall apart after grinding it.

The main ingredients:

Roasting some tomatoes and peppers:

After the beef has browned a bit and the onions and peppers starting to cook down:

The rain cap was put on for the rest of the cook. There's not many pics after this....didn't want to bring the camera out in the rain.

And the finished product.....chili was great cooked in the Egg. It was worth the extra time and effort compared to cooking it inside on the range top. I'd be happy to post the recipe if anybody's interested.

Comments