Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Spicy Bivalves and Crustaceans

Options

In Honor of my wive (EX Marine Biologist)  I had to use the correct terms of dinner tonight.

GRIFFIN MADE ME DO IT!!!!

After I saw Griffs Mussels from last night I had to plagiarize it. I only did the mussels and changed the Red Curry paste.

I was at the store today and thought 2 pounds of Mussels would not make me fall into the food coma I desired, so I bought a few shrimp and dusted them with my new DP Swamp Venom.

I did everything like Griff did for the mussels and threw the shrimp on at the end and grilled them for a snack.

I have achieved the coma and Mrs T. finally told me the L word.

Also I presented these pictures to my good friend who has a Traeger and told him to make this in his device. His words were not kind and then he asked to come over.

Thanks Griff for this.

"Hold my beer and watch this S##T!"

LARGE BGE DALLAS TX.

bv.JPG 475.9K
bv1.JPG 580.4K
bv2.JPG 520.7K
bv3.JPG 470.5K
bv4.JPG 501.9K

Comments

• Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Options

Sorry I made you do it. :(  But there's no such thing as plagarizing me. I've learned so much over the years on different forums, I just try and give back, help where I can, try and inspire and hope people enjoy anything of mine they try. Love the addition of the shrimp and congrats on getting the "L" word. Enjoy your food coma.

And to your Traeger friend....

:P

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• TUTTLE871
    TUTTLE871 Posts: 1,316
    Options
    Griffin said:

Sorry I made you do it. :(  But there's no such thing as plagarizing me. I've learned so much over the years on different forums, I just try and give back, help where I can, try and inspire and hope people enjoy anything of mine they try. Love the addition of the shrimp and congrats on getting the "L" word. Enjoy your food coma.

And to your Traeger friend....

:P
    Thank You, It was an incredible meal. Also Wife and I will be there Saturday around noon. I will bring some Spirits and such.

LARGE BGE DALLAS TX.

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Yum, nothing like mytilus edulis and crangon crangon in a matrix of carbohydrate and lipid with volatile organic carbon seasoning in a sodium chloride solution.  (for your wife)  :D
    Options

Yum, nothing like mytilus edulis and crangon crangon in a matrix of carbohydrate and lipid with volatile organic carbon seasoning in a sodium chloride solution.  (for your wife)  :D
    A little to close to reality for her. So now she is an RN, and please no Hospital talk because she will go into a talking world of medical talk I that cornfusses me.

LARGE BGE DALLAS TX.

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Gotchya.  SWMBO is a veteran RN here in New Orleans.  I get the stories after her 12 hour shifts.  We spent Katrina at Touro Hospital in uptown, organized a convoy to try go get out of town and made our way out a few days later.
    Options
    Looks great Tuttle!  Never had mussels before...are they good?
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • TUTTLE871
    TUTTLE871 Posts: 1,316
    Options
    cazzy said:
    Looks great Tuttle!  Never had mussels before...are they good?

They are great. The broth is the secret. Like Griffin said I was going back into the kitchen with sopping bread soaking up the broth.

LARGE BGE DALLAS TX.