Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Got Me Some Dizzy Pig

Went on an Adventure today and ventured out of my 5 Mile Radius and drove to Plano. Went to Elliots Hardware and found the Holy Grail.

Got me three of them today (Out of the Pineapple)

No I have to start experimenting with each one and to what meats.

"Hold my beer and watch this S##T!"

LARGE BGE DALLAS TX.

Comments

• travisstrick
    travisstrick Posts: 5,002
    Red eye on ribs
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
  • TUTTLE871
    TUTTLE871 Posts: 1,316

I did me a taste test and the Red Eye is tasty.

I did ribs last night and am going with a pulled pork on Tuesday. I will try the Red Eye on the pork and see how things turn out.

LARGE BGE DALLAS TX.

• can't go wrong with any of those.
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    I bought them all, just to have more options (used to make all my rubs) and the red-eye is the most used.  I'll even put a red-eye rub on a cigar.
    Swamp Venom on chicken wings!
    XLBGE & LBGE
    North Richland Hills, TX
  • hornhonk
    hornhonk Posts: 3,841
    Come to Elliotts tomorrow morning 11ish and you can try some pork tenderloin with Pineapple Head on it. Cooked on the Egg, of course!
  • TUTTLE871
    Elliot's Plano? Remember I live off Mockingbird and leaving my 5 mile radius scares me.

But yes I might even for a TCU fan.

LARGE BGE DALLAS TX.

• makis
    makis Posts: 81
    Too bad they don't ship to Greece....

If anyone has any leads on someone who is willing to ship overseas please let me know.
  • TUTTLE871 said:

Elliot's Plano? Remember I live off Mockingbird and leaving my 5 mile radius scares me.

It is pretty ridiculous that Elliot's is one of the few places in the Dallas area where you can get DP rubs. I went out there last weekend and it is a haul. Come on Dallas area dealers, step up!
  • TUTTLE871
    It is pretty ridiculous that Elliot's is one of the few places in the Dallas area where you can get DP rubs. I went out there last weekend and it is a haul. Come on Dallas area dealers, step up!

It is a haul. I think I spent more on gas than 3 Dizzy Pigs. Oh Well it was an adventure.

LARGE BGE DALLAS TX.

My last trip to the rub store, they didn't have tsunami though :(

"Entrepreneurs are simply those who understand that there is little difference between obstacle and opportunity, and are able to turn both to their advantage."

• TUTTLE871
    My last trip to the rub store, they didn't have tsunami though :(

You Win.

LARGE BGE DALLAS TX.

• I've been curious about Pineapple Head.  Nobody ever talks about it.  Anybody use it?
    Flint, Michigan
  • TUTTLE871
    The one time I had it was I Salado when Travis put it on pineapple marinated in his special Rum.
    I went back for seconds and thirds and infinity.
    Very tasty.

LARGE BGE DALLAS TX.

• I have yet to try some of the newer ones, but I love Dizzy Dust on just about anything pork.

• EggRacer
    EggRacer Posts: 400
    I use Pineapple Head all the time on pineapple. It has a cinnamon sugar taste with bit of pepper heat at the finish. It's one of my favorites and highly recommended.
    XLBGE & LBGE
    North Richland Hills, TX
  • Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    @TUTTLE871 - Elliots is a haul from your neighborhood. You could have stopped by at my place on the way as a rest stop and to retop your glass had I known. We were down in your area this weekend a couple of times. Dinner with friends at Angelos (saw the new Mi Cocina and new Matt's) and then a party Saturday night on Belmont.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• TUTTLE871
    Griffin said:
    @TUTTLE871 - Elliots is a haul from your neighborhood. You could have stopped by at my place on the way as a rest stop and to retop your glass had I known. We were down in your area this weekend a couple of times. Dinner with friends at Angelos (saw the new Mi Cocina and new Matt's) and then a party Saturday night on Belmont.

That Matts is right down the street from me. My second home is Wine Therapist right next door.

Have not been to Angelos in years.

Are you cooking this weekend at Outlaw Eggfest?

LARGE BGE DALLAS TX.

• Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Yep, I'll be there. Guess i need to start planning what I am going to cook. Think I've decided to only do 3 things this year so I have more time to wander around and sample other people's food and visit. You going?

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• TUTTLE871
    Griffin said:
    Yep, I'll be there. Guess i need to start planning what I am going to cook. Think I've decided to only do 3 things this year so I have more time to wander around and sample other people's food and visit. You going?
    Im 95% Sure the the Wife and I are going. It is one of those days that everyything seems to be happening. I need to clone myself.

LARGE BGE DALLAS TX.