Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Egg fest newbie

Options
Bigdog7
Bigdog7 Posts: 1
edited October 2012 in EGGtoberfest
Hi all. I am from NJ and will making my way to my first Egg Fest . I want to get the most out of my trip so I was wondering if any of you seasoned eggers can give me some advise, tips or "must dos " .. Thanks much

Comments

• Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Options
    Are you cooking?

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• R2Egg2Q
    R2Egg2Q Posts: 2,136
    Options
    Pace yourself on the eating. There will be no shortage of food. If they have classes you're interested in attend them as it'll help to cut down on stuffing your face plus you could learn something. Don't be shy about asking cooks questions as most cooks love to talk about the Egg and their cooking. Have fun!
    XL, Large, Small, Mini Eggs, Shirley Fabrication 24x36 Patio, Humphrey's Weekender, Karubecue C-60, MAK 1-Star General, Hasty Bake Gourmet, Santa Maria Grill, Webers: 14" WSM, 22.5" OTG, 22.5" Kettle Premium, WGA Charcoal, Summit S-620 NG

Bay Area, CA
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    Talk to the cooks.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• bud812
    bud812 Posts: 1,869
    Options
    Look for the beer booth.

Not to get technical, but according to chemistry alcohol is a solution...

Large & Small BGE

Stockton Ca.

• vidalia1
    vidalia1 Posts: 7,092
    Options

Email sent your way...if you have questions email me at kim.youngblood@suntrust.com

Pace yourself as there will be tons of food & drink. Ask lots of questions. Go to the classes...do the pace car rides. the day will go by extremely quick...stop by and say hello... 

• ems5739
    Options
    I'm new this year aswell, can someone please give us some brief instructions or things we need to know, expect, or be prepared for. Ie food or lunch cost extra expenses ect
  • vidalia1
    Options

ems,

There will be lots of free (assuming you have tickets) food & drink. There will be BGE products to buy and other vendors products as well. Do not eat before you arrive as there will be tons of food. There are other activities such as pace car rides (last year it was $10 for a ride)

Talk to the cooks and enjoy the day....stop by and say hello...

• Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    Options
    Mickey said:
    Talk to the cooks.

bud812 said:
    Look for the beer booth.
    Follow Mickey's advice before you follow Bud's!

Have fun.
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • ems5739
    Options
    Lol we have our tickets and and our pick up ticket for a demo egg. We will be in Atlanta today.
  • vidalia1
    Options

ems,

Stop by the campers along the back straight away and say hello....

• FlobeySolo
    Options
    Really pumped about our first egg fest. Seems like I need to bring chairs, a rolling cooler, and an empty belly. Anything else?

@Vidalia - where can I find info on the classes offered? Are they randomly held or on a schedule?
  • jbstack
    jbstack Posts: 13
    Options
    Chairs I would think keep moving but a cooler... Hum.  Are they allowed?  I also ask what about a schedule of classes and goings on?