Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

First try at wings on the egg

Options
EggHead in Smyrna
edited October 2012 in Poultry

In honor of my Green Bay Packers getting on the winning track Sunday night gonna try my hand at wings on the egg this upcoming Sunday for the beat down of the Rams in St Louis.

Any recipes, time/temp, technique would be greatly appreciated.  I have heard costco has good wings.  Nice and big.

Thanks in advance for your help and Go Pack Go!

Comments

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,349
    Options
    Try searching thru google-grilled chicken wings-big green egg and you should find plenty.  Cazzie's wings get rave reviews as do Doc Eggerton'd and many others.  The cooking options are many and varied-just experiment and find one that works for you.  Enjoy the journey.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • hartofatiger
    Options

these were my first attempt.  similiar cook process as posted on http://griffinsgrub.wordpress.com/ .  be sure to air dry in fridge for a couple of hours.  they turned out great!image

GEAUX TIGERS!!!!!!!!!

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options

Just don't go take a nap while they are cooking I-)

Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• r270ba
    r270ba Posts: 763
    Options
    Mickey said:

Just don't go take a nap while they are cooking I-)

Man I didn't know you could make your own lump out of chicken wings and a nap on the Egg!  Awesome :))
    Anderson, SC
    XL BGE, Father's Day Gift 2012 (Thanks Fam!!!)
    Webber Kettle and Webber Summit Gasser
    Want List: Thermapen, Small BGE, Wok, Adjustable Rig, Food Saver, More $

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    That reminds me of a buddy of mine who was cooking up a few squirrels while half way through a bottle of Wild Turkey.  Took a nap on the couch and woke up to a similar sight of squirrel shaped carbon.  He took a picture.  Wish I had it.
    Options
    @Mickey, the lump goes under the grate, not on it....
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!