Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Brisket Travis method

Options

Comments

• travisstrick
    travisstrick Posts: 5,002
    Options
    You poor poor person
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
  • SandBilly
    SandBilly Posts: 227
    Options
  • Fred19Flintstone
    Options
    VI is right.  There's no sense feeding the trolls because they're trolls.  I have not edited anything so I admit to the mods that I accused the troll of suffering a nasty herpes outbreak and of being a sad confusing knot of contradictions.  I admit I'm guessing about the herpes, but I'm spot on about the troll being sad.  I'll add pathetic here too.  There you go troll, add that too.
    Flint, Michigan
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    EggerinLA said:
    I have reported also. I didn't start the nasty talk and I already reported everyone that did.
    Ooooh! He's going to tattle too. I bet they don't do that on the big boy forum. ;) I'm telling brisket king that Dbag king is tattling. We could have a tattle fight.
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    Just Tell them to call or email me. My info is right in my profile.
  • SandBilly
    SandBilly Posts: 227
    Options
    Why edit like that and try to justify staying? Motive is just odd..
  • chrisnjenn
    Options
    There was a lot of horrible language from a few. I hope they give a final warning or just ban those who participated in it. This should be a family friendly website and I hope the moderators don't tolerate that kind of talk from anyone.
  • Fred19Flintstone
    Options
    SandBilly said:
    Why edit like that and try to justify staying? Motive is just odd..
    He wants to stay to irritate & hurt people.  He takes pleasure in trying to take away what we enjoy.  That explains the editing to cover-up that he said he wished my family dead and the apparent fact he does not like people here, yet here he stays.  The Germans call it schadenfreude.  It is taking pleasure in the misfortunes of others.
    Flint, Michigan
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    evah one jus simmah down nah.

This guy (yeah I followed the thread - duh) may have some issues.  I feel for him.  He might need some help.  Nothing said here is "really" personal to anyone in this context.  Mental health care just got slashed in Louisiana and the new facilities are the streets and jails.  We have a lot of vets with PTSD and we have many citizens that have lost jobs, houses or are working jobs below our qualifications.  

It may "feel good" to flame someone (Jeze, I've NEVER ( ;) ) indulged in that in the past) but it's throwing gasoline into the fire, and when someone starts talking about your family's painful deaths, then saying he's kidding, then deleting the post...I see red flags go up.

So if you're facing the antithesis of empathy, the best medicine is a little empathy.
    Options
    Oh, and the database is logged - every transaction, every edit.  You can't bait and switch in cyberspace.  No worries on the "coverup".  What I'm worried about is the guy. Veiled statements like discussing a perceived adversary's agonizing family's death are what get you a special manilla file in the local FBI database.  Hope he doesn't hurt anyone or himself.
    edited October 2012
    Options
  • travisstrick
    Options
    I can't wait to see what BGE does with all this.
  • chrisnjenn
    chrisnjenn Posts: 534
    edited October 2012
    Options

I agree that EggerinLA should be banned, but so should The Cen-Tex Smoker, Fred19Flintstone, and Sandbilly for the type of language they used.  That language is uncalled for.  There is no need for that on a family type forum like this, and I think the moderators will agree.  The blame should be given to all of them and all of them shouldn't be allowed back.  Every other forum I have been on would ban them all.  There is no tolerance for that on the other sites I frequent.  It seems to happen here a lot (sexual innuendo, dirty language, etc.) from certain posters.  I did email BGE about this thread and other things also.  It needs to stop.

The best policy is to ignore stupidity because once you engage, you become as guilty as the person who threw the first punch.

• r270ba
    r270ba Posts: 763
    Options

I agree that EggerinLA should be banned, but so should The Cen-Tex Smoker, Fred19Flintstone, and Sandbilly for the type of language they used.  That language is uncalled for.  There is no need for that on a family type forum like this, and I think the moderators will agree.  The blame should be given to all of them and all of them shouldn't be allowed back.  Every other forum I have been on would ban them all.  There is no tolerance for that on the other sites I frequent.  It seems to happen here a lot (sexual innuendo, dirty language, etc.) from certain posters.  I did email BGE about this thread and other things also.  It needs to stop.

The best policy is to ignore stupidity because once you engage, you become as guilty as the person who threw the first punch.

Unfortunately, I agree.  They shouldn't be banned but they should all just stop and they are all just as guilty as EggerinLA.  This was a thread that got way out of hand.  Eveyone just needs to stop commenting unless it is on the original Brisket post.  Very surpised that some of the folks I thought were the 'staples' of this forum joined in on this getting out of hand.

I didn't like EggerinLA's tone of his post but if everyone would have ignored it, it would have just stopped.  We could have then hopefully gotten some final pics of the Brisket that I was hoping to see.

I am new to this forum and if this is what it is 'usually' like, then I will find somewhere else to go.  It would be ashame because in the last month, I have really felt like I have found a home for all my Egg cooking adventures!

Just my $0.02.  
    Anderson, SC
    XL BGE, Father's Day Gift 2012 (Thanks Fam!!!)
    Webber Kettle and Webber Summit Gasser
    Want List: Thermapen, Small BGE, Wok, Adjustable Rig, Food Saver, More $

• travisstrick
    Options
    R27, poor behavior can not be excused but perhaps I can offer some perspective.

EggerinLA has trolled this forum for months. He has provoked me and stalked my comments and posts many times. There are many of us who are friends outside of this forum and we have gotten very tired of his "stuff".

Somehow I have been able to stay civil with EggerinLA but I understand those who have not. One guy has disrupted the heard and it really sucks. I hope you stick around.
  • chrisnjenn
    chrisnjenn Posts: 534
    edited October 2012
    Options

Travis,

I agree EggerinLA has provoked people, but many people do.  However, the language by those mentioned should not be tolerated and that is why I hope they are given bans or at least last warnings.  There has been way too much sexual innuedo, dirty talk, etc. lately for this kind of forum.  Those people (know who they are) should be ashamed.  It isn't funny and I'm sure has stopped many from posting.  I can't see BGE endorsing that type of rhetoric on their board.

Banning those involved who said those things mentioned above would send a clear message that BGE doesn't tolerate that.  Make examples of people.

No excuses for that behavior.  None.

• r270ba
    r270ba Posts: 763
    Options
    R27, poor behavior can not be excused but perhaps I can offer some perspective. EggerinLA has trolled this forum for months. He has provoked me and stalked my comments and posts many times. There are many of us who are friends outside of this forum and we have gotten very tired of his "stuff". Somehow I have been able to stay civil with EggerinLA but I understand those who have not. One guy has disrupted the heard and it really sucks. I hope you stick around.
    I totally understand.  I thought that EggerinLA's comments were completely uncalled for.  I think it is sad that that is what makes him happy to do in his free time.  I appreciate all of the information, instructions, and 'family' on this forum (that is what drew me to it)...I was just surprised how out of hand this thread got.  The guys that I have kind of 'looked up to' in learning to cook on the Egg were the same ones that stooped down to EggerinLA's level.  Just surprising.

I understand how tempers can flare, especially with someone like EggerinLA.  I just hope this isn't the norm.  I don't have a ton of time to spend on the Egg so that time I do spend, I want it to be positive and high quality.

I really do appreciate all the help that this forum gives. I have seen BBQ-Brethren too and it looks like a pretty tight knit community as well.  I like this because it is Egg specific!

It is just a shame that people can't ignore other people being butts and it is a shame that people are butts :).  Travis, king or not, I will be trying your brisket very soon!
    Anderson, SC
    XL BGE, Father's Day Gift 2012 (Thanks Fam!!!)
    Webber Kettle and Webber Summit Gasser
    Want List: Thermapen, Small BGE, Wok, Adjustable Rig, Food Saver, More $

• Village Idiot
    Options
    @chrisnjenn. No need for banning.  The forum members tend to police the behaviors quite well.  There was a recent rash of implied sexual titles (double meanings).  Peer pressure got the offenders to stop.

EggerinLA will eventually get tired of his immature antics and move on.  Your tongue lashing above contributes to correcting the problem of offensive language.  Thanks.

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

• Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Options
    I think Cen Tex should be banned. That is not a good mullet! Anybody who doesn't know a good mullet from a bad one has no place here.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    edited October 2012
    Options

Sadly, I agree.  Although bans are not yet necessary, a warning for those involved may be called for and just.

Lately, it has been like grade school around here.  We all get a little playful at times, but this is getting way out of hand.  

Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Options
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    I did not mean to offend anyone other than eggerINLA. as Travis noted, he has been trolling the site for months and I would have done the same thing whether he was trolling Travis or any of you. I can almost guarantee that eggerinLA does not live in Louisianna at all. This is an old forum member who has done this over and over under many aliases. He gets banned then comes back a few months later as someone from the south (which he actually hates and uses that to further agitate). He has no other intent than to disrupt and belittle then cry that he is the victim. This pattern has been repeated over and over and it's the same dude (actually there are 2-3 guys who do it). I hope that provides a little context as to why I blew him up. I promise you, he is delighted and laughing at all of us today.

Now as far as this being a family forum: I didn't say anything that is not seen in any rated PG movies, network TV, or regular media. I am on the other "family friendly" forum mentioned above as well (the one that would ban me for life for my vulgar language)......they have an entire forum advertised as "rated R". So if you want me gone, thats ok, but let's least keep it somewhat real.

Whatever happens here, I'm cool. I don't want to be the guy who drives a single legitimate member from this forum. If I become that, I deserve to go. If this turns in to the type of forum that even the most bland PG language is so offensive to others, it's not a place for me anyway (and I'm totally cool with that). This is every body's forum and if that is the way the majority wants it, I'm all for it.

Appologize to any and all that feel I crossed the line. Hope this at least offers some explanation as to why. I didn't do it by accident or just fly off the handle. I've been watching this for months and watched the same pattern emerge so I stepped in.
  • Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    edited October 2012
    Options
    I think Cen Tex should be banned. That is not a good mullet! Anybody who doesn't know a good mullet from a bad one has no place here.

This is more like it....Canadian Tuxedo.

Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Options
    Can we please stop referring to this as a "Family friendly" site.

"C'mon kids, Daddy is going to log on to the Egghead forum, gather round."  "Let's pray that nobody says anything on the internet in a public form that we can view as offensive."

And we wonder why we have internet trolls. 
    ~X(
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• Little Steven
    Options
    Focker said:

This is more like it....Canadian Tuxedo.

That's more like it Brandon! Ban Cen-Tex Ban Cen-Tex
    :))

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options

Get in line :))
  • Little Steven
    Options
    I don't know how I missed this thread. I would be on the soon to go list too B-)

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Village Idiot
    Options
    I don't know how I missed this thread. I would be on the soon to go list too B-)
    I could start a new one, just for you Little Steven. >:)

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

• Little Steven
    Options
    I remember when this was a much more friendlier place

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• fletcherfam
    Options
    I personally find it funny people are getting all bent out of shape and going all tribal council on people in a BBQ forum. I mean, really? Sometimes, though not most of the time, this forum is more drama than my work place.

On a side note, I don't know, that mullet was pretty decent. It wasn't like over the top kind of mullet, but it was presentable.