Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Brisket Travis method

Comments

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    business in the front, party in back.
    Awesome!
    When was the last time you did something for the first time? - Zick Boulder, CO
  • EggerinLA
    EggerinLA Posts: 186
    edited October 2012
    Travis the undisputed "Brisket King" needs to go to the BBQ competition forum at www.bbq-brethren.com and shows the guys how to smoke a brisket. I'm sure they will get a big kick of it.
  • travisstrick
    travisstrick Posts: 5,002
    EggerinLA said:
    Travis the undisputed "Brisket King" needs to go to the BBQ competition forum at www.bbq-brethren.com and shows the guys how to smoke a brisket. I'm sure they will get a big kick of it.
    I may do that. If they are all as pleasant and constructive and contribute as much as you, I'm sure its a great place full of great people. 
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
  • EggerinLA
    Well then come show them how to smoke one. I'm sure you could show a number of them, including a few in the top 10 of the KCBS standings, a thing or two. Bit of advice if I may. Leave the arrogance at the door. Looking forward to seeing you over there. There are great people there, but the big fish, little pond atmosphere here isn't like that there.
  • Hey, my friend.  I'm just pulling your chain.  No offense intended.   [-O<
    I know, its just a good excuse to bust out the funny hater pics. Like this one. image
    That is a sweet ass mullet. Little Steven would be so proud that the "National Haircut of Canada" made an appearance on the forum today. Well played sir. Well played in deed.
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • Travis,

This is Gary's wife, Pam.  He is hiding under the bed and won't come out.  

Please send him an email stating that you are OK with his really pathetic joking.  I will print it out and show it to him.

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

• I thought I got all of those pics of me off the web! Gonna have to do another search.
  • EggerinLA said:
    Well then come show them how to smoke one. I'm sure you could show a number of them, including a few in the top 10 of the KCBS standings, a thing or two. Bit of advice if I may. Leave the arrogance at the door. Looking forward to seeing you over there. There are great people there, but the big fish, little pond atmosphere here isn't like that there.

sounds like you hate it here, You are free to go any time you like. I hang both places and like them both. BTW- Travis never called himself the king of anything it was another forum member. Like that guy that called you the king of the DBags......oh wait, that was me, just now.
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • Village Idiot
    Village Idiot Posts: 6,959
    edited October 2012
    EggerinLA said:
    I don't recall seeing any of your cooks.  Do you even own an Egg?  Will your Mom let you cook on a fire, unattended? Why do you have to be so arrogant, and then accuse others of the same?  

Either post one of your great cooks or image 

Dripping Springs, Texas.

• Recently somebody said the drama-free atmosphere would be short-lived.  Looks like that was accurate.  Disagreeable people like EggerinLA are with us always.  They must be endured like everyday aches & pains or like bad weather.  There's no reason to get nasty because they revel in your "defeat" in sinking to their level. 

Notice I didn't say that he has **** breath or he's a dirtbag.  No, I'm above that.  I'll just wish him well and hope his herpes outbreak clears up real soon. 

Flint, Michigan
  • travisstrick

Recently somebody said the drama-free atmosphere would be short-lived.  Looks like that was accurate.  Disagreeable people like EggerinLA are with us always.  They must be endured like everyday aches & pains or like bad weather.  There's no reason to get nasty because they revel in your "defeat" in sinking to their level. 

Notice I didn't say that he has **** breath or he's a dirtbag.  No, I'm above that.  I'll just wish him well and hope his herpes outbreak clears up real soon. 

I like what you did there. Very classy.    :-bd
  • EggerinLA
    edited October 2012
    That was uncalled for.
  • I don't get it.  If my family is dead, how can they cook ribeyes on the Egg? What's an "antagonizing death" anyway?  Will you call us names untill we drop dead?  Also if you're hoping my family dies an "antagonizing death", how can you NOT hope that on anyone?  You are a sad confusing knot of contradictions, I'll give you that.

By the way, I don't recall anyone here wishing you or your family anything like dying any kind of death.  Sadly, I can only conclude your herpes outbreak is worse than I first suspected.

Flint, Michigan
  • EggerinLA
    edited October 2012
    Thanks for proving my point.
  • SandBilly
    SandBilly Posts: 227
    I assume LA is Los Angeles and not Louisiana? Fully aware there are people in every state with Dickbreath, some just more than others..
  • EggerinLA
    edited October 2012
    No. Louisiana. You have a dirty mouth. Please stop that talk. I'm reporting people now.
  • SandBilly
    Correct, I do. I'm on the opposite end as you. That's why I do not have DIckbreath...
  • EggerinLA
    edited October 2012
  • SandBilly
    10-4, correct again..
  • EggerinLA
    edited October 2012
    Glad to know I was correct.
  • Folks.  Don't feed the trolls.  

I will not comment on this troll's "zingers" any more, and I suggest that everyone else do the same. I have reported him to "forumabuse@eggheadforum.com".  You might want to do the same.

Dripping Springs, Texas.

• EggerinLA
    edited October 2012
    I have reported also. I didn't start the nasty talk and I already reported everyone that did.
  • SandBilly
    Nice edits, smarter than I figured.
  • travisstrick
    SandBilly said:

Nice edits, smarter than I figured.

Oh man, this guy is a real gem. For a dude who hates us all so much, he sure is trying to stick around. I hope the big egg in the sky can see what he changed.
  • EggerinLA
    edited October 2012
    I didn't change anything. The facts are above. I didn't start the nasty talk posts. Centex and Fred did. They have been reported and I will also call corp tomorrow.
  • travisstrick

I don't get it.  If my family is dead, how can they cook ribeyes on the Egg? What's an "antagonizing death" anyway?  Will you call us names untill we drop dead?  Also if you're hoping my family dies an "antagonizing death", how can you NOT hope that on anyone?  You are a sad confusing knot of contradictions, I'll give you that.

By the way, I don't recall anyone here wishing you or your family anything like dying any kind of death.  Sadly, I can only conclude your herpes outbreak is worse than I first suspected.

That's not honest and you know it. I suppose you are going to have us believe that Fred made that stuff up in an effort to frame you? You see those quotes he's using? He is quoting you.

You have just shamed yourself. All your high and mighty garbage is just that.

• SandBilly
    Incorrect this time.. Why don't you just make it easy and leave? Scum..
  • EggerinLA
    edited October 2012
    It is being honest. Fred did take numerous cheap shots at me as evidenced above (unprovoked I might add), so it should be clear he would try to disparage me. I also found posts from months back from certain people above who took things personal and sent those to corp to show this isn't an isolated incident with some posters. They have a habit of attacking with dirty talk. I, on the other hand, never used that kind of language on this family forum.
  • I like Fred!  I was born in Flint!  I'm not sure what all is going on here, but my daughter lives in Shreveport and I think @EggerinLA does too. Enough said there.  Go Flint!