Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Big Green Eggs...kickin' butt & taking names!

Pokie
Pokie Posts: 3
edited October 2012 in EggHead Forum
A couple of weekends ago a friend, my husband, and I all cooked in a Rib cook-off. Everyone else had HUGE smokers that they were constantly attending to during the duration of the cook off. Our two eggs were opened early in the morning to put on the rubbed ribs & closed for the rest of the cooking. We had several comment that we were just sitting around shooting the breeze, having a glass of wine, etc. We even had several people comment on the eggs & want to look inside. We politely declined their suggestion and told them to come back at judging time if they wanted to peek in. About 20 minutes till we had to turn in our ribs we opened our eggs & basted them with some BBQ sauce & fired up the flames for a few minutes. We simply plopped our ribs onto the silver platter that was provided. We saw many people putting greens & sauces & fru-fru-ing up the plate. Needless to say...BGE kicked butt & took some names!! All three winners were from our two eggs. My husband took 1st, mine took 2nd (which were exactly the same ribs, rub, & sauce), and our friend's took 3rd! Some of the other cooks came over after the judging & were curious as to what this "green egg" smoker was! :)

Thanks for looking! BIG GREEN EGGS all the way!

Comments