Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Brisket and butt are on

wolfie4wvu
wolfie4wvu Posts: 11
edited October 2012 in EggHead Forum
My brisket rub with cow luck steak rub and turbinado sugar is on along with my butt rubbed with dizzy dust. Getting ready for WVU to hopefully take down the longhorns tonight. No matter what we will be eating well.

Comments

• loco_engr
    loco_engr Posts: 5,759

If you get a chance, you might try to slip a drip pan

in there with some liquid IMHO

aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
    I said to my wife, 'Where do you want to go for our anniversary?' She said, 'I want to go somewhere I've never been before.' I said, 'Try the kitchen.'
    Bob Hope: When I wake up in the morning, I don’t feel anything until noon, and then it’s time for my nap
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Good luck...with WVU too
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • Thx loco I actually did right after I took the picture. This is my first cook with weekend warrior lump. My temp is doing awesome which I have struggled with before.
  • I hope your food is awesome and your football team loses :D
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • Ok 6 hours in. Holy crap does it smell good.
  • Lol. Well Win Or Lose we will still Booze and Grub. Should be a great game.

I hope your food is awesome and your football team loses :D

:D
  • Lol. Well Win Or Lose we will still Booze and Grub. Should be a great game.

I can't wait. I'm headed down in a few hours. It's going to be a zoo down there. Good luck tonight. Should be a lot of fun
  • I am envious. Wishing we had made the trip. 10,000 other WVU faithful have though. Have a great time. I will look for you and your orange shirt

Lol. Well Win Or Lose we will still Booze and Grub. Should be a great game.

I can't wait. I'm headed down in a few hours. It's going to be a zoo down there. Good luck tonight. Should be a lot of fun

• I am envious. Wishing we had made the trip. 10,000 other WVU faithful have though. Have a great time. I will look for you and your orange shirt
    Lol. Well Win Or Lose we will still Booze and Grub. Should be a great game.

Im just going to tailgate for a few hours. watching the game at a buddie's on his 150" projector with cocktails :) I can't wait. I'm headed down in a few hours. It's going to be a zoo down there. Good luck tonight. Should be a lot of fun

• thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,352
    Brisket is an appropriate meal.  Thought you only smoked Radkill in dem der Maountain.  At about 2200 Eastern, you'll be eatin' Crow.  Go Horms!!! 
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • That was a great game trim but I will take the last laugh. See you in Morgantown next year.
    thetrim said:

Brisket is an appropriate meal.  Thought you only smoked Radkill in dem der Maountain.  At about 2200 Eastern, you'll be eatin' Crow.  Go Horms!!! 

• thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,352
    Your brisket looks amazing!!! Horns football team....not so much.  Great game, congrats on a great win and a great cook!!!
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • thetrim said:
    Your brisket looks amazing!!! Horns football team....not so much.  Great game, congrats on a great win and a great cook!!!

I thought the game was awesome. One of the few games where my team lost that I was really glad I watched it. I've been on the other side of that when Vince Young played for TX and you just knew you could not stop him if he had the ball late. It was cool to see Geno really come into his own. Can't wait to watch him in the NFL. Congrats WVU :-&