Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Brutal wait on the new LBGE...

jimreed777
jimreed777 Posts: 324
edited September 2012 in EggHead Forum
Ordered/paid on Sept 14.

Called this morning to check status.

Told they have no idea. Nothing they can do to check order status. Could be tomorrow...could be another couple weeks or longer.

sigh.

Comments

• That sucks. I guess varies where you live bc I have 4 dealers within 20 miles of me.
    Boom
  • that's an issue with your dealer and their distributor. Chances are they've only got to order your egg and they're just waiting to need to order something else to save on shipping.
  • big sale - plenty of units purchased - 6 or more local stores...

Just wish I knew how long up front. I was told a week - TOPS
  • xraypat23 said:
    that's an issue with your dealer and their distributor. Chances are they've only got to order your egg and they're just waiting to need to order something else to save on shipping.
    I agree, local dealer told me it would be 6 weeks to get a table nest, I asked why so long. His honest answer was "we order once a month or maybe every 6 weeks depending on how much we can put in the order, it saves us shipping costs". 
    Check around and see if you can find a local who has one in stock, unless you really like the guy who is making you wait. 
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • bodski
    bodski Posts: 463
    The dealer could also be in bad standing with the manufacturer. This happens a lot in any industry for a variety of reasons - usually past due or at their limit. They may be trying to get current..

Cincinnati

LBGE, Weber Kettle

• xraypat23
    xraypat23 Posts: 421
    edited September 2012
    Dealers that sell big green eggs, do not get them directly from BGE headquarters. A distributor, Tarantin enterprises(who I do demo cooks for at local dealers occasionally) buys them in quantity and provide the local dealers in most the northeast and as far south as florida. From what i've been told, there's a dozen or so actual distributors. I would personally guarantee your dealer is A) in bad standing with the distributor. Or B) Holding off on your order. If there's a local sale, go demand your money back and buy from whoever has them!
  • any updates? nothing worse than waiting! Especially after you've already paid
  • I am stuck. I sold my MBGE to my neighbor for $450 and paid the dealer $650 + tax for a MBGE. the dealer was running a sale if you bought a MBGE you get upgraded to a large at no charge.

The "other" egg dealers in my area all sell their LBGEs for $850 and up.

I just need to be patient. I have no other choice.

I just WANT MY EGG. I am gonna go whimper in a corner now.
  • YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    I know the feeling.  I signed up for the Porkopolis Eggfest in March and put my down payment on my XL BGE.  Waiting til July for the fest damn near killed me.  I was almost to they point where I would have paid the difference between the discount and regular price to have it in March.  I'm just a very impatient person when it comes to this type of stuff.
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• Hungry Joe
    Hungry Joe Posts: 1,566
    I am stuck. I sold my MBGE to my neighbor for $450 and paid the dealer $650 + tax for a MBGE. the dealer was running a sale if you bought a MBGE you get upgraded to a large at no charge.

The "other" egg dealers in my area all sell their LBGEs for $850 and up.

I just need to be patient. I have no other choice.

I just WANT MY EGG. I am gonna go whimper in a corner now.
    Sounds fishy, I hope you get your egg soon.