Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Open letter to McNuttly

2»

Comments

• Yeah, the other forum stuff is gold. =))
  • Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    edited September 2012

Thanks for filling me in Mighty Quinn, completely missed these threads. 

Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• strychnine
    strychnine Posts: 1
    edited September 2012
    One last time. Loud and clear. I (stike) have nothing to do with this horsesh!t. I have somehow gained a reputation here for >starting< trouble. I hit back, sure, but never first. Find someone else to accuse. I happen to know who it is. As does steven. I don't appreciate being thrown under a bus simply because you all can't think about something for ten seconds and figure out the obvious. Centex and steven both know it's not me. So ignore any attempts of theirs to steer attention back to me. I really wish you'd move on. Find someone else to blame (this is an old account, before you develop any other followup conspiracy theories.) [blame poor mobile website for formatting issues]
  • stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    What he said
    ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • Sgt93
    Sgt93 Posts: 728
    Haven't been on in a while, interesting as always :))
    XL BGE - Small BGE - A few Komodo Kamado Serious Big Bad 42s
    Follow me on Instagram: @SSgt93
  • Village Idiot
    Village Idiot Posts: 6,959
    edited September 2012
    Nm

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

• @Stike I find it odd that you know who it is but won't say. I never thought it was you but I can't think of a reason to withhold the name of a troublemaker. This isn't AA.
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
  • It is true when called to the carpet I apologized.  Seeking a fresh start I offered a suggestion regarding a pizza making procedure which was to simply try using a peel alone (and by alone I meant alone, no parchment, no cornmeal, no semolina...).  I mentioned other options that one could employ at their discretion, but my suggestion was a dry peel.  However, it seemed that some folks were so eager to pick a fight with me that they turned it into a cornmeal v. parchment debate/war which seems somewhat regrettable for all involved.

All that aside I have since gone back and read the thread from top to bottom and if you do the same thing I think you'll agree that I was not out of line, started nothing, and only responded in kind when I was attacked.  There appeared to be a mob mentality that was swirling by the end spurned on by nothing more than my suggestion to experiment with a method which didn't conform to the consensus that parchment is the only acceptable way of transferring a raw pizza to the egg.

• Hillbilly-Hightech
    Hillbilly-Hightech Posts: 966
    edited September 2012
    McNuttly said:

All that aside I have since gone back and read the thread from top to bottom and if you do the same thing I think you'll agree that I was not out of line, started nothing, and only responded in kind when I was attacked.  There appeared to be a mob mentality that was swirling by the end spurned on by nothing more than my suggestion to experiment with a method which didn't conform to the consensus that parchment is the only acceptable way of transferring a raw pizza to the egg.

If you're talking about your response to Little Steven in the pizza thread - So starting off your response w/ "You apparently don’t have the slightest idea what you’re talking about" & then ending it by implying that he wasn't knowledgeable - you don't think that isn't combative & provocative, to say the least?  

You can't sandwich a statement of advice between 2 abusive & belligerent statements & think that you've made a contribution.  That's exactly why I thought you were Stike, because of how you prefaced & ended your statement - I read it as being friendly "banter"

But if that's not the case, then I just love it how folks will be an a**hole & abusive, then try to play the victim & try to turn it around to gain sympathy.  If you don't wanna have others pounce on you, then don't do it to them, simple as that.  That's like that EggerLA dude immediately saying he "dismisses" folks who haven't used a product, offers NO constructive advice about said product, then got his panties all in a wad because I called him out on his non-advice.  

If you're gonna come off like a keyboard commando then don't go boo-hooing to mommy when someone responds in kind - you reap what you sow - simple as that.  

Oh, and as far as naming the person - if it's not Stike, then I'd say it's probably Tweeve (aka Salty Hogs).  I agree, outing the person is the right thing to do, otherwise this forum is being sidetracked when we should be talking BBQ, and if you know who it is & aren't saying, then you're just adding to it!!  Sorry that most of us aren't Internet Sherlock Holmes, nor are we "in on the joke" nor do we care about the lil games played behind the scenes - if you know, you should say who it is, otherwise you're just as guilty as the troll because you're enabling it.  
    Don't get set into one form, adapt it and build your own, and let it grow, be like water. Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless — like water. Now you put water in a cup, it becomes the cup... Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend. - Bruce Lee
  • Wow HH, you're obviously struggling to follow the story line here to let me clarify some points you missed.  I acknowledged wrongdoing towards steven regarding my initial comments to him, apparently you missed that.  I then, in an entirely different thread, engaged in a discussion on a related but different topic, apparently you missed that.  I was then attacked by steven and others, apparently you missed that.  I didn't begin this particular thread, apparently you missed that.  I didn't cry foul seeking victim status, you imagined that.  Perhaps tomorrow you will awake on the right side of the bed and be somewhat embarrassed for your rant, perhaps not.  Either way, good luck
  • One last time. Loud and clear. I (stike) have nothing to do with this horsesh!t. I have somehow gained a reputation here for >starting< trouble. I hit back, sure, but never first. Find someone else to accuse. I happen to know who it is. As does steven. I don't appreciate being thrown under a bus simply because you all can't think about something for ten seconds and figure out the obvious. Centex and steven both know it's not me. So ignore any attempts of theirs to steer attention back to me. I really wish you'd move on. Find someone else to blame (this is an old account, before you develop any other followup conspiracy theories.) [blame poor mobile website for formatting issues]
    dangit. You ruined a good ruse.
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • McNuttly said:
    Wow HH, you're obviously struggling to follow the story line here to let me clarify some points you missed.  I acknowledged wrongdoing towards steven regarding my initial comments to him, apparently you missed that.  I then, in an entirely different thread, engaged in a discussion on a related but different topic, apparently you missed that.  I was then attacked by steven and others, apparently you missed that.  I didn't begin this particular thread, apparently you missed that.  I didn't cry foul seeking victim status, you imagined that.  Perhaps tomorrow you will awake on the right side of the bed and be somewhat embarrassed for your rant, perhaps not.  Either way, good luck
    hmmmm, yeah, I guess I missed some stuff.  It's hard to keep track of all the alter-egos & all the different threads where someone takes it off-topic.  I don't have the time nor inclination to try to play detective, so if you're not someone's alter-ego, then fine.  If so - talk about a coward - at least say what ya wanna say under your more well-known profile.  And if you're someone who is using an alter-ego to play around & this is how you get your kicks... well, joke's on us... you got us... now go outside, get some sun, and enjoy REAL life.  
    Don't get set into one form, adapt it and build your own, and let it grow, be like water. Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless — like water. Now you put water in a cup, it becomes the cup... Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend. - Bruce Lee
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    McNuttly,
    When 3 of your first 4 post are "inflammatory and abusive" you appear to be and have been labeled a troll. On your account, both directly and indirectly, two threads have been hijacked from their original intention. Granted, I found no issue with your initial post in the parchment/cornmeal/peel thread but as you branded yourself with the scarlet "T" with your second post on this forum, people reacted to you as such. This is unfortunate. I realize that you acknowledged your misanthropy in the previous thread. I saw nothing wrong with your post, however, this forum is a vibrant and insulative community. I have seen this in my limited time here. In addition, it is evident that people will go out off their way to protect this "family" when attacked. This is how I view what happened in this second thread. I believe it was unwarranted, but I cannot blame Little Steven for his reaction. He does have a short fuse after all.
    :))

What you said to gerhardk was not wrong by any means, but each post you have placed a "dig" to incite a response. Then you denigrate multiple people(apparently anyone with a differing opinion) by saying insinuating that they can't read. In this "open letter" thread, you criticize Hillbilly-Hightech for calling you out. He didn't miss anything. That all happened, it just depends on the reader's perspective.

All in all, I hope that all here can agree that you have had enough of a public flogging. This thread is about all things BGE. While humorous for a while, it becomes obnoxious when every other thread becomes a pissing contest. As a newer forum member, I greatly value all advice. Short of "idiot-proof" rules(like no lighter fluid in the Egg), there is no wrong comment, if it is one that works for the poster of said comment. If I receive 3 different responses to a question, I will test them(within reason) and use whatever works for me to create the best product available to my tastes and those that I serve.

Either way, I hope you enjoy this place as much as I do. It is a great resource for all levels of egging eggsperience. If you are just here to troll, at least while it lasts, I will enjoy the popcorn.

• I am off to find the parchment thread.
  • probe1957 said:
    I am off to find the parchment thread.
    If you want the real meat to this, it's on the other forum................
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • Just read this thread stoned. It's the plot for an upcoming web-only film by some kid in college somewhere. Hilarious
    Boom
  • Lulz....too bad the thread has to die.
  • We need a moderator, badly.
  • Yeah...come on mods...lets get this bumped back up to the first page!
  • I should be a mod so I can boot anyone who disagrees with me. That would be fun.
  • Hillbilly-Hightech
    Hillbilly-Hightech Posts: 966
    edited September 2012
    Oh, and as far as naming the person - if it's not Stike, then I'd say it's probably Tweeve (aka Salty Hogs).  I agree, outing the person is the right thing to do, otherwise this forum is being sidetracked when we should be talking BBQ, and if you know who it is & aren't saying, then you're just adding to it!!  Sorry that most of us aren't Internet Sherlock Holmes, nor are we "in on the joke" nor do we care about the lil games played behind the scenes - if you know, you should say who it is, otherwise you're just as guilty as the troll because you're enabling it.  
    Me also thinks you are wrong.  I am not Salty Hogs.  I, like stike, never really felt the need to impersonate anyone with the exception as an avenue for hilarity (right Gary ;) ).

Plot twist: maybe Hillbilly is actually Salty? They do seem to share a certain level of trolly douchie-ness... Regardless,  HH, I suggest you quite pretending that you are in the know about things you are obviously ignorant about. As an aside, read your post.  The level of hypocrisy in the quoted paragraph is astounding.

Just dropped in the set the record straight.  I'm not back either.

oh dear lord - for someone who "isn't back" you seem to have kept up on all the postings, enough such that you felt the need to defend your alleged "honor." 

Yes, you got me tweeve - I get my jolly's by creating alter-egos to argue w/ folks, because after all, I am just not bold enough to argue w/ folks under my original username (rolls eyes). 

Actually, I would WELCOME an addition to the forum such that a user's IP address could get logged & posted.  That would pretty much eliminate all but the most hard-core trolls. 

And why is it that folks think they can make baseless accusations as if that's gonna stick?  Are we THAT dumb as a society where someone can say that someone else is "ignorant" about a subject without specifying WHAT the subject is they are talking about, and folks will believe them?  If you feel I've given false advice, then post what you feel is false, and why. 

Otherwise, your baseless accusations are just as meaningless as someone who says something is a "game changer" but doesn't specify WHY.  (now I know why politicians can make such outlandish claims & folks will fall for it).  Egads i thought most folks were smarter than that by now. 

BTW, welcome back (like you ever *really* left - rolls eyes)