Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

If you've never made pizza, and intend to soon.

Comments

• Other forum griff... I watched a run in go down a few months ago. Fun stuff.
  • Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Ahhh....that explains it. Must have missed that topic. Does he go by the same name there?

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• Don, you're welcome.  Steven, 'colours'?  Griffin, no, this is not the only internet forum. 
  • Griffin said:
    Ahhh....that explains it. Must have missed that topic. Does he go by the same name there?

yup
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Trololo - TROLLOLOL, HAHAHAHA

Different forum, different names, same thing!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm ready for more popcorn! Kettle-cooked, this time!
  • bigphil
    bigphil Posts: 1,390
    Griffin said:
    How have you had run ins with stike in the past if this is your 5th post? Unless you were previously banned and are back under a new name?
    +1
    Large Big Green Egg , XL Big Green Egg . BBQ Guru, Weber Kettle, Weber Q grill for road trips.
  • Griffin

I do remember those threads now. Got a couple of laughs from them.

And yes, I'm aware there are other forums. I participate in 5 bbq forums actually.

Rowlett, Texas

• Damn! I can't find popcorn in Italy. But, I'm popping tarallinis. Went to cooking school and learned to make pizza dough from a Neopolitan master chef. Can't wait to share it with you all. Ciao

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

• stike said:
    Methinks you are wrong.
    Good to see you back.  You have alot of knowledge for us to draw from.  I for one am happy to see you post!  Have a great day.

"You are who you are when nobody is looking"

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,669
    Am I the only one why thinks stike and mcnuttly is one in the same? Come on guys, Stike has come up with much more than this.......
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Mickey said:
    Am I the only one why thinks stike and mcnuttly is one in the same? Come on guys, Stike has come up with much more than this.......

I go back and forth with that thought...you're probably right.
  • Mickey,
    Not the same guy. Canadians don't lie
  • Griffin

Some days I think stike, rumrunner, VI, Gary, Howdy Doody, mcnuttly, Little Steven and some others are all the same person. ;)  Then again, maybe I'm stike, too....

(I'm really not. I know nothing about aging beef)

Rowlett, Texas

• I've said it before.... it would be great if there was a way to check ip addresses on this forum like you can on many others to be able to call out situations like this (if that's the case)
  • Damn! I can't find popcorn in Italy. But, I'm popping tarallinis. Went to cooking school and learned to make pizza dough from a Neopolitan master chef. Can't wait to share it with you all. Ciao
    we're going to hold you to that, have a safe trip home....
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    edited September 2012
    Mickey, thanks for nuthin, man.  I have never (not in 17,000 posts) ever started anything with anyone.  I have always reacted to them.  sure, i speak my mind, but as this last rubmyrock episode showed, i was mr. peaceable until he teed off on fan-of-fan-boys, and then he turned on me.  after someone does that, i'll say what i want.  but i don't tee off on people until they fire the first shot.

and i have certainly never antagonized anyone from behind an anonymous handle.  I have always been able to speak my mind under my 'real' forum name.  any other handles i used were for lame comedic purposes (having fun), never for letting me say 'what i'm really thinking' without consequence.  'big green dave', for example, never gave anyone any grief.  and in the end, i have always stepped out from behind the fake handle when it had run its course, making it known it was me.

in the 17,000 posts i have tossed out, there is not one which lends any credibility to the idea that i would leave this place, wait, create a new identity, and then come on here attacking people.

fwiw, i saw mcnuttly's first post, and said to little steven offline "i give him five posts before someone accuses him of being me".  it took two.

i am not mcnuttly.  and no matter who signs on here, no matter what they say, and no matter how they spell or use frigging no-caps or toss in the word 'modicum' to suck you in, it isn't me until i say it's me.  and it won't be me.

and no.  i'm not 'back'.  just setting the record straight. not banned, not mcnuttly, not hiding. and not back. 

ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    stike said:
    Mickey, thanks for nuthin, man.  I have never (not in 17,000 posts) ever started anything with anyone.  I have always reacted to them.  sure, i speak my mind, but as this last rubmyrock episode showed, i was mr. peaceable until he teed off on fan-of-fan-boys, and then he turned on me.  after someone does that, i'll say what i want.  but i don't tee off on people until they fire the first shot.

and i have certainly never antagonized anyone from behind an anonymous handle.  I have always been able to speak my mind under my 'real' forum name.  any other handles i used were for lame comedic purposes (having fun), never for letting me say 'what i'm really thinking' without consequence.  'big green dave', for example, never gave anyone any grief.  and in the end, i have always stepped out from behind the fake handle when it had run its course, making it known it was me.

in the 17,000 posts i have tossed out, there is not one which lends any credibility to the idea that i would leave this place, wait, create a new identity, and then come on here attacking people.

fwiw, i saw mcnuttly's first post, and said to little steven offline "i give him five posts before someone accuses him of being me".  it took two.

i am not mcnuttly.  and no matter who signs on here, no matter what they say, and no matter how they spell or use frigging no-caps or toss in the word 'modicum' to suck you in, it isn't me until i say it's me.  and it won't be me.

and no.  i'm not 'back'.  just setting the record straight. not banned, not mcnuttly, not hiding. and not back. 

Come back, Stike! While we now know you're not McNuttly, we all are McLovin' you!

Chicka Chicka Yeah!
  • McNuttly said:
    Don, you're welcome.  Steven, 'colours'?  Griffin, no, this is not the only internet forum. 
    Man you are a lippy guy! I didn't see a sign that said "Check the English language at the door"

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Aviator
    Aviator Posts: 1,757

Man, how did I miss this so far. I thought ... aww just another pizza thread and did not open it.

Just goes to show, this forum is entertainment and knowledge all day long. :)

Welcome back Stike. We did miss hearing from ya.

Large and Small BGE, Blackstone 36 and a baby black Kub.

Chattanooga, TN.

• By the time I got to the end- I forgot what this was all about. Travis- pass the chocolate!

• Aviator said:

Man, how did I miss this so far. I thought ... aww just another pizza thread and did not open it.

Just goes to show, this forum is entertainment and knowledge all day long. :)

Welcome back Stike. We did miss hearing from ya.

Word. I clicked just to see what 50 post of pizza was about!

XLBGE 
  • Mike8it
    Mike8it Posts: 468

I remember those posts very fondly. If I remember correctly didn't Mcnutty respond to stikes open letter with one of his own. I believe it was titled something like "open letter to stike and his cronies". I have searched for it but can not locate it. Both forums have provided me with numerous hours of entertainment and laughter. Like stike and several others have said before, relax its just a grill
  • Yep....'an open letter to stike and his gang'. That thread shows up there when you search, but it is quarantined so you can't open it. I was going to link it above too, but nothing there.
  • Hillbilly-Hightech
    Hillbilly-Hightech Posts: 966
    edited September 2012
    FWIW, I wasn't "accusing" Stike of being McNuttly.  The word "accusing" implies it was done w/ malice.  That was NOT my intent, and if Stike, or anyone thought I was intending to impugn Stike's character, I apologize.  I even tried to make the statement sort of "light hearted" by saying "methinks" and then using the play on words w/ "Stike" and "stick" and then ending the statement w/ the "innocent whistle" icon.  I had figured if it was Stike, he'd "get" that someone was able to discern / unmask the character he was portraying.  My bad. 

I thought that because McNuttly replied to Little Steven w/ biting banter & (what I perceived as) heavy sarcasm, that it was Stike because the 2 of them have always had a "back & forth" bantering friendship.  From what I've witnessed on both forums, it's been in good spirits, but to someone who hasn't witnessed their actual friendship & to read the banter w/out knowing the backstory or history, it would seem rather insulting & combative.  

After all, how often can someone get away w/ calling someone else a dwarf, or a drunkard, etc as they have done to one another w/out either being close enough such that each party ribs the other in good fun or being "in on the joke?"

Sorry if my statement was perceived to be negative, it was not intended as such.
    Don't get set into one form, adapt it and build your own, and let it grow, be like water. Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless — like water. Now you put water in a cup, it becomes the cup... Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend. - Bruce Lee
  • I think the "Stike Game" of wondering aloud if someone is Stike is hilarious!  Probably because it's not my name getting tossed around.  It's all in good fun.  Again, I'm glad to see your post Stike.

Flint, Michigan
  • FWIW, I wasn't "accusing" Stike of being McNuttly.  The word "accusing" implies it was done w/ malice.  That was NOT my intent, and if Stike, or anyone thought I was intending to impugn Stike's character, I apologize.  I even tried to make the statement sort of "light hearted" by saying "methinks" and then using the play on words w/ "Stike" and "stick" and then ending the statement w/ the "innocent whistle" icon.  I had figured if it was Stike, he'd "get" that someone was able to discern / unmask the character he was portraying.  My bad. 

I thought that because McNuttly replied to Little Steven w/ biting banter & (what I perceived as) heavy sarcasm, that it was Stike because the 2 of them have always had a "back & forth" bantering friendship.  From what I've witnessed on both forums, it's been in good spirits, but to someone who hasn't witnessed their actual friendship & to read the banter w/out knowing the backstory or history, it would seem rather insulting & combative.  

After all, how often can someone get away w/ calling someone else a dwarf, or a drunkard, etc as they have done to one another w/out either being close enough such that each party ribs the other in good fun or being "in on the joke?"

Sorry if my statement was perceived to be negative, it was not intended as such.
    Dammit HH, Get your facts in order, I am the dwarf and the drunkard. Stike is the arrogant effeminate.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• by the way here's what I was referring to in my initial comments, my stone elevated on 3 upright firebricks to put the stone a full 9 inches above grid level which translates into about 4 inches from the dome (second picture shows the measurement from the top @ 7 inches).  This eliminates the burning issues, accelerates top-down cooking to be contemporaneous with the bottom and, most importantly, also eliminates the need for the plate setter which in my opinion only slows progress & inefficiently requires the waste/burning of more lump than is actually necessary to get the job done. 
  • NT

XXL #82 out of the first 100, XLGE X 2, LBGE (gave this one to daughter 1.0) , MBGE (now in the hands of iloveagoodyoke daughter 2.0) and lots of toys