Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

BBQ Sauce?

Options
2»

Comments

• abpgwolf
    Options
    I recently started making my own sauce. The Amazing Ribs website has quite a few great recipes. My favorites are the KC Classic BBQ Sauce and Meathead's Burger Glop. Each take less than 20 minutes to prepare and keep for months in the fridge (if they last that long). i bought a few squeeze bottles at the local resturant supply house for labout $1 each. The advantage (and fun) of making your own sauce is that you can fiddle with the recipe and adjust it to your taste.

Lititz, PA – XL BGE

• Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    edited September 2012
    Options

Don't care for Blues Hog, five year old son loves it.

When it comes to rubs and sauces I'm in the make your own camp.  Fresh ingredients trump anything with preservitives, additives, anti-caking agents, excess sodium,  etc. 

Tried many sauces, and this one is by far, my favorite

http://www.adamperrylang.com/recipes/apl-bbq-sauce/

In a pinch, I would Dr up some SBRs Original.

Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• Skiddymarker
    Options
    abpgwolf said:
    I recently started making my own sauce. The Amazing Ribs website has quite a few great recipes. My favorites are the KC Classic BBQ Sauce and Meathead's Burger Glop. Each take less than 20 minutes to prepare and keep for months in the fridge (if they last that long). i bought a few squeeze bottles at the local resturant supply house for labout $1 each. The advantage (and fun) of making your own sauce is that you can fiddle with the recipe and adjust it to your taste.
    +1, great site, got me started on my own rubs. 
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • ccpoulin1
    Options
    Note from Italy: Bill Cannon of Texas BBQ Rub has a recipe with the rub in it that is the best I've ever tasted. If you want, I can post it when I get back.

Bring it on!!

My wife like SBR so that's what I usually get.  I like Stubbs better.
    +1

"You are who you are when nobody is looking"

• ATBBQ_Josh
    Options
    I roll my own whiskey BBQ sauce, but when I want something different...

Oh! Honey Killer Bee - Sweet and Spicy, small batch sauce from Denver
    Stockyard Smokey Apple - Great on just about anything
    Stockyard Smokey Mustard - My go-to mustard sauce
    Plowboys En Fuego - Peppery goodness, great as a pizza sauce!

Each one is fantastic, and it gives me a nice variety to choose from.
    Marketing/Media Guy for All Things Barbecue
    Large EGG in Stainless Cart
    Yoder Smokers YS640 Custom
    Weber Kettle 22.5" Classic
  • EggerinLA
    Options
    Some good ones above. I love to try new rubs and sauces. If anyone wants a good site with a good selection to buy from this one has been good to me. https://www.bigpoppasmokers.com/store/bbq-sauce