Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Marinated Pork Loin Chops and Veggies

Options
Doc_Eggerton
Doc_Eggerton Posts: 5,321
edited September 2012 in EggHead Forum
Pork loin cut into chops and marinated in Dichiko's Garlic.  Done on the LBGE with a raised grid at 400.  Took 10 minutes to a side to reach 160 inside.

Veggies were done on the XL with a half load.  They were on for 30 minutes before I did the meat, and were stirred every 10 minutes.

Pics to follow.

XXL #82 out of the first 100, XLGE X 2, LBGE (gave this one to daughter 1.0) , MBGE (now in the hands of iloveagoodyoke daughter 2.0) and lots of toys

Comments

• Doc_Eggerton
    Options
    Pics

XXL #82 out of the first 100, XLGE X 2, LBGE (gave this one to daughter 1.0) , MBGE (now in the hands of iloveagoodyoke daughter 2.0) and lots of toys

• zosobao5150
    Options
    How thick we're the chops? If mine are thick enough, I usually cook to about 145F internal. You may want to try in the future if you haven't done so. Your chops sounds good.
    XL BGE
  • Doc_Eggerton
    Options
    140 to 160 is my target.  I got these a little more well done, but they were still not dry.

• bigphil
    bigphil Posts: 1,390
    Options
    looks great Doc as always thanks for sharing 
    Large Big Green Egg , XL Big Green Egg . BBQ Guru, Weber Kettle, Weber Q grill for road trips.
  • zosobao5150
    Options
    Wow. The pics must've been posted while I was typing. That finished plate looks great!
    XL BGE
  • Doc_Eggerton
    Options
    Wow. The pics must've been posted while I was typing. That finished plate looks great!
    For some reason, if I post pics in the original message, I can't see them later.

• Mike8it
    Mike8it Posts: 468
    Options
    Looks great doc!
  • LizzieSamps
    Options
    Hey Doc meaning no disrespect but your veggies look similar and very tasty each time.  Do you use fresh and but have a tried and true method of slicing up or do you use a packaged mix.  I have been trying to find a packaged mix to help cut down on time prepping, now that the kiddos are back in school.
  • Doc_Eggerton
    Options
    Hey Doc meaning no disrespect but your veggies look similar and very tasty each time.  Do you use fresh and but have a tried and true method of slicing up or do you use a packaged mix.  I have been trying to find a packaged mix to help cut down on time prepping, now that the kiddos are back in school.
    Our veggies are pretty much the same during the week.  Part of our success with changing our eating has been to find veggies we could use routinely but not burn out on.  These are always fresh, I cut them of each cook.  Carrot chips on the bottom (from our food processor), peppers, zucchini, onions, and garlic.  Tonight I threw some asparagus tips in.  They take a lot longer to prepare than the meat.

• LizzieSamps
    Options
    Ok, they always look so great!! Mine no so!  
  • Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    edited September 2012
    Options
    Excellent Doc, just excellent. 
    We have been putting our veggies in their own little foil pouch lately, much like you layered. The advantage is we can select our choice of mix. Much like Lizzie asked, I found the size of the cut veggie has a lot to do with success. 
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!