Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Labor Day Weekend

13»

Comments

• Uno Chicago Pizza on the BGE!  Used Necessary Indulgences' recipe for the toppings and Uno Chicago's recipe for the crust! Hmmmm.. so very tasty!
    1large BGE and 1 well used mini BGE living in coastal South and North Carolina!
  • Just landed in Miami. Headed to key west in 30 min. No egging for me this week.....again. I'll be dark all week unless I piss off the boss and get kicked out of the hotel room :). You boys and girls have a great week
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • 11 hours into cook, internal temp 149, dome temp 245
    Hi Sam- 

So, how'd it turn out?  I haven't tried a brisket yet, and I've been eyeballing the ones at Walmart.  I was waiting to hear from someone who tried one first.

By the way, the tone you used in your first post was kinda begging for a flamethrower.  You're in mixed company here, and you're not the first northerner to move down here and talk about how "bad" it is or how great everything was back home.  I have no doubt that there is great food back in Michigan.  You're also not alone in noticing how expensive meat is getting.  I suspect that if you go back to Detroit for a visit, you will discover that prices have shot up there too.  It's not just a North Carolina thing...

Anyway, welcome to NC.  Come January, you'll wonder why you didn't move down here sooner.:D

Kevin
  • Brisket was a success!  Good bark, nice smoke ring and fork tender.  14.5 lbs, 17.5 hours, average dome temp 240, internal temp 195, foiled it, wrapped it, placed in the cooler for 2 hours.  One of my best brisket cooks in a long time.  The Egg has no equal.

Simple ingredients, amazing results!