Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Please pass the A-1....

Zaltydog
Zaltydog Posts: 106
edited August 2012 in EggHead Forum
My wife uttered these 4 words, much to my disbelief, at tonight's dinner after my second successful Trex steak cook.  Everything went perfect with this cook, including the timely deployment of my thermopen (last time I overcooked somewhat).  These steaks were gooood,  thanks to this forum.  What is one to do??

Comments

• ChokeOnSmoke
    ChokeOnSmoke Posts: 1,942
    Those words are only acceptable for the wife's leftover steak eaten cold the next day.  That's the only thing I use it for anyway.
    Packerland, Wisconsin

• jerryp
    jerryp Posts: 232
    I almost never put it on mine, but I do occasionally enjoy steak sauce. Nothin wrong with individual taste in my book.
  • You must allow her to be imperfect and hope, in time, she will learn the error of her ways.
    Flint, Michigan
  • AleBrewer
    AleBrewer Posts: 555
    Wow....what's a guy to do? Just be patient and hope she comes around.

I can't remember the last time we even had any "steak sauce" in the house....gotta be 15yrs or more.
  • bud812
    bud812 Posts: 1,869
    Thats almost as bad as  Were Out Of Beer !!!!!!

Not to get technical, but according to chemistry alcohol is a solution...

Large & Small BGE

Stockton Ca.

• Doc_Eggerton
    Doc_Eggerton Posts: 5,321
    edited August 2012
    bud812 said:
    Thats almost as bad as  Were Out Of Beer !!!!!!
    I am fairly confident that I am the only person I know with all of Slim Dusty's albums.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8E0aZ387M_I

XXL #82 out of the first 100, XLGE X 2, LBGE (gave this one to daughter 1.0) , MBGE (now in the hands of iloveagoodyoke daughter 2.0) and lots of toys

• Doc- That is fantastic!!  Never heard of him before, but I will definitely need to work on getting a copy of that song before my annual pilgrimage to the August Michigan NASCAR race next year.  I am sure it would be a hit with my fellow campers....
  • In my opinion, Slim at his best......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CwvazMc5EfE

XXL #82 out of the first 100, XLGE X 2, LBGE (gave this one to daughter 1.0) , MBGE (now in the hands of iloveagoodyoke daughter 2.0) and lots of toys

• Zaltydog said:
    My wife uttered these 4 words, much to my disbelief, at tonight's dinner after my second successful Trex steak cook.  Everything went perfect with this cook, including the timely deployment of my thermopen (last time I overcooked somewhat).  These steaks were gooood,  thanks to this forum.  What is one to do??
    Before the Egg, when we did steaks, there were three nice ones for me, the wife, and the oldest.  And then there was a cube steak for the youngest, who wanted ketchup or A-1 on it.  Post Egg, she now likes simple salt, pepper, and garlic on a good cut.

• I did the salt and pepper this time, and may add garlic next time.  I like garlic also so it may be step in the right direction.  Good idea.
  • Sooner or later you'll whip up something  that will have her making "happy sounds" when she eats.  I have a couple ex-wives who would have gone through the roof at the thought of the megabucks spent on the BGE and aftermarket goodies.  You're still operating on the marital plus side.  Open a beer and pass the A1.
    My actuary says I'm dead.
  • I knew I was marrying my wife when she ordered her steak medium and told the waiter no to steak sauce, just salt and pepper ;)

XLBGE 
  • paqman
    paqman Posts: 4,660
    Nothing wrong with sauce... I'm a big fan of HP sauce.

• Sookie
    Sookie Posts: 335

Perhaps to get her "weaned" off use a marinade.  We do like the Grill Creations version of Black Peppercorn.  Tell her it takes the place of after grilling steak sauce. 

I do have to ask though.  Did you know about this issue before you married her???

• When you say garlic do you mean garlic salt or what?
    Powdered garlic, sea salt, and black pepper with a little EVOO to make a rub.  Sometimes I dice fresh garlic very fine and put it on at the flip.

• Sookie- It will be 23 years on Monday, so too far back for me to remember... I probably knew but lived in denial and it seems it's always those things we ignored early on that come back to bother us later. :)

Same idea with her being a Nebraska Cornhusker and me being from Michigan, who knew the grief this would cause 22 years later.  :((

On a lighter note, I have not heard of grill creations, will have to give it a look. Thanks!
  • Ragtop99
    Ragtop99 Posts: 1,570
    Can't completely blame the wife here.  How did that stuff get into your house in the first place?
    /:)
    Cooking on an XL and Medium in Bethesda, MD.
  • Probably smuggled in the center of a 12 pack of bottled beer.
  • She needs A-1 AND is a Cornhusker?  I think I might agree with Hapster!  GO BLUE and hold the sauce!
    hapster said:
    Pack ur bag and start driving... There is no saving that woman.

Flint, Michigan