Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Whats everyone cooking today

bigphil
bigphil Posts: 1,390
edited August 2012 in EggHead Forum
So far i've done breakfast Eggs. bacon .sausage , scrapple and home fries and toasted Portuguese Saloio bread on the egg .Later MOINK balls then for dinner Griffins stuffed zucchini boats may also use japanese  egg plants as well along with a salad as a side . Sorry no pics of breakfast cause it was pretty much normal 
Large Big Green Egg , XL Big Green Egg . BBQ Guru, Weber Kettle, Weber Q grill for road trips.

Comments

• I am going to make ABTs for the first time!  
    I'm Kristi ~ Live in FL ~ BGE since 2003.
    I write about food & travel on Necessary Indulgences.  
    You can also find me on FacebookInstagram, and Twitter.
  • travisstrick
    travisstrick Posts: 5,002
    Busting out the wok and doing some shrimp and veggies.
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
  • Doing some BB Ribs, I suck at rib cooks tho.  So I need lotsa practice :(

XL BGE Nested

Several Weber's

Chargriller TRIO

• FanOfFanboys
    FanOfFanboys Posts: 2,615
    I'm doing 6 chicken breast that were marinade in Italian dressing with oil and vinegar and season. This will be used in salads for lunch this week.
    Also doing about 7lbs of wings. Also for lunch this week. 3 favors: one bacon molasses, one spicy with some sauce from parent's trip to Bahamas, and one in soy sauce that I'll put a sesame sauce on as they finish.
    For food that'll be eaten today I have two large racks of beef ribs
    Boom
  • I put a pork shoulder. Swamp Venom rub and put it on last night at 10:30 pm. I woke up at 7:00 am and the shoulder was at an internal temp of 205. I had the egg at 225 - 250. This was a smaller shoulder. So I had a pulled pork sandwich for breakfast.
  • FanOfFanboys

I put a pork shoulder. Swamp Venom rub and put it on last night at 10:30 pm. I woke up at 7:00 am and the shoulder was at an internal temp of 205. I had the egg at 225 - 250. This was a smaller shoulder. So I had a pulled pork sandwich for breakfast.

I want to try that rub, a long with a few others from that company. Hear a lot about them on here.
    Boom
  • Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    Chicago style, albeit a simple version, Italian beef sandwiches, or sangwitchs for the locals out there. Home made hot giardiniera and maybe some fries. 
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • bigphil
    I put a pork shoulder. Swamp Venom rub and put it on last night at 10:30 pm. I woke up at 7:00 am and the shoulder was at an internal temp of 205. I had the egg at 225 - 250. This was a smaller shoulder. So I had a pulled pork sandwich for breakfast.
    Breakfast of a true egger  :D
    Large Big Green Egg , XL Big Green Egg . BBQ Guru, Weber Kettle, Weber Q grill for road trips.
  • booksw
    booksw Posts: 470
    I looked at this forum this morning for ideas and I'm thinking lamb chops tonight...  This past week I have done ribeye, pizza, chicken wings, and burgers... trying to come up with something different from those.
    Charleston, SC

L/MiniMax Eggs
  • Bayarad
    Bayarad Posts: 313
    Two 2 1/2 lb. chuck roasts on at 7:30 am for sum BBQ pulled beef!
  • FanOfFanboys
    booksw said:
    I looked at this forum this morning for ideas and I'm thinking lamb chops tonight...  This past week I have done ribeye, pizza, chicken wings, and burgers... trying to come up with something different from those.

Never done lamp chops. Saw some at Sam's Club last week. Need to pull the trigger.
    Boom
  • jay75
    jay75 Posts: 153
    booksw said:

I love lamb, but if you grill them the fat will drip on the coals and coat your lovely chops with a pretty disgusting fat smoke taste... So I would recommend an indirect cook then a quick reverse sear, just to lightly char, but real close to the coals, real quick! Dome open!
  • gdenby
    gdenby Posts: 6,239
    I'm doing something that should be pretty simple, but its my first try. Spiral cut hot dogs. Doing a bunch of jumbo size, some from Usinger's and others from a small place, Drier's, in 3 Oak, MI. Should be fun. Might try fitting strips of bacon in the spiral cuts.
  • gdenby
    gdenby Posts: 6,239
    booksw said:

Never done lamp chops. Saw some at Sam's Club last week. Need to pull the trigger.
    Most definitely do some lamb on the Egg. Chops are great. Rib racks are great. Leg steaks are great. Legs are great. No kiddin'!
  • bigphil
    @gdenby we did the friday night along with burgers had all the fix'ins onions chili hot peppers kraut cheese beans pickles was fun the kids and their friends loved it .
  • BuckeyeBob
    BuckeyeBob Posts: 673
    Pork tenderloin with Cherry sauce and Hasselback potatoes. Hope the rain stops.
    Clarendon Hills, IL
  • GK59
    GK59 Posts: 501

Polish hot dogs and kraut.

Going to try some kielbasa shots first.

Oh! And beer.

Smitty's Kid's BBQ

Bay City,MI

• I had the butcher cut some 2 in thick blade chops (pork).  Just finished making the rub.  Will be cooking them low and slow for couple of hours.  Also have some fresh locally grown young kale 
    Large, small and mini now Egging in Rowlett Tx
  • gdenby said:
    I'm doing something that should be pretty simple, but its my first try. Spiral cut hot dogs. Doing a bunch of jumbo size, some from Usinger's and others from a small place, Drier's, in 3 Oak, MI. Should be fun. Might try fitting strips of bacon in the spiral cuts.

I'm about 25 minutes from 3 Oaks, let me know how their dogs are please. 

XL BGE Nested

Several Weber's

Chargriller TRIO

• ratcheer
    ratcheer Posts: 189
    I think it will just be burgers, dogs, and brats for me, today. A laid back Sunday! Tim
  • Wolfpack
    Wolfpack Posts: 3,551
    Just put 3 racks of bb's on the grill- going low and slow as I had the time.
    Greensboro, NC
  • Brownie
    Brownie Posts: 1,023
    turbo butt weighing in at 10.5lb.
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,432
    After my spareribs disaster yesterday, I'm grilling a simple turkey burger...  :\">

"I mean, I don't just kill guys, I'm notorious for doing in houseplants."  - Maggie, Northern Exposure

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,170
    Brownie said:
    turbo butt weighing in at 10.5lb.

Since Brownie's turbo butt experiment I diligently worked to figure out how to achieve the turbo cook with the low&slow beverage time-finally (a little slow on the uptake...:)) figured out that omitting time for sleep would equalize the beverage clock.  So at 6 AM (EDT) fired up the LBGE with a 7# butt-house BGE adult beverage rule-light the fire-time for a beer-meat on-time for a beer.  Supervising, time for beer-so here we are at almost 2 PM (EDT) and this thing is at 185*F- no noticeable stall with dome running around 300-310*F.  Must be time for a beer.  May become a turbo convert-as long as I don't run out of beer and make the bourbon switch too soon!  Enjoy the journey-my trip may become a bit overcast in a while :)>-
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Smity
    Smity Posts: 57
    I'm doing some rib eyes with corn on the cob followed by a first attempt at pineapple upside down cake! We shall see how that works out
  • Bone in picnic shoulder! 

• a 9 lb  pork butt went on at 10 pm last night. egg held at 235 thru the night. smells so good the neighbors are coming out .Until now I have always used BGE lump but I got a bag of wicked good lump and so far I really like it.
  • defCon5
    defCon5 Posts: 16
    Yessss!!!!

• Wife made meatloaf and mashed potatoes with cream cheese, butter, and half & half (Pioneer Woman recipe).  OMG !!!
    Dripping Springs, Texas