Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Gonna try smoking a Chuck Roast. Ode' to hapster

Options
NightwingXP
NightwingXP Posts: 448
edited August 2012 in EggHead Forum
I did not fall off the face of the earth. Just passed out there for awhile. Haven't posted in awhile and I have lurked every once and again to see all the good stuff. Summer is finally cooling off and I can get back on my patio again. Had record heat this summer so my Eggin activities have faltered some. Time to rectify. Hapster inspired me awhile back with a smoked chuck roast so I am gonna try my hands at it tomorrow. http://eggheadforum.com/discussion/1140271/smoked-chuck-roast-photoslots#latest. Gonna dry rub it down and let it get happy overnight tonight. Hap had said he felt he should have done it till 215 internal. Just looking for any insight and advice before I get this bad boy started. Appreciate the feedback. I will be posting pics during this cook. Enjoy your Egging weekend!!!

Only 3 things in life matter. Family, Steelers and my BGE!!

Comments

• NightwingXP
    Options
    Ok so I rubbed down my CHUCK with some Byron's Butt Rub last night. Didn't like this the greatest on pork so trying beef. Smells great after sitting all night long so hopefully this plan will work. Egg is working it's way up to temp and waiting for stabilization and then mounting this bad boy. Hopefully all goes well and we have a great supper tonight. Pics to follow besides this and hope everyone has a great Egging Sunday!!

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,378
    Options

Here's a pulled beef recipe that gets great reviews-may be more labor-intensive than you are looking for but FYI-

http://www.dizzypigbbq.com/recipesPulledBeef.html 

Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • NightwingXP
    Options
    Prepped and mounted!! God I have missed the smoke smell! Haven't smoked anything since last spring! Using mix of apple chips and hickory chunks.
  • NightwingXP
    Options
    lousubcap said:

Here's a pulled beef recipe that gets great reviews-may be more labor-intensive than you are looking for but FYI-

http://www.dizzypigbbq.com/recipesPulledBeef.html 

Thanks I will check that out! It's in a stall for about the 3rd time. I pulled at 170 and wrapped in foil and slathered with aus-ju then tossed it back in the Egg. Sitting at about 172 now after being back in for about 20 minutes.