Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Green Egg Chocolate Chip Cookies with pron

Options
Fliehigh
Fliehigh Posts: 76
edited August 2012 in Desserts

So while bragging at work about my Egg and stating that I can cook anything on it that you can do on the stove or in an oven I was challenged to bake some cookies. One of the ladies at work was kind enough to mix me up some batter so all I had to do was "Bake" them.

Set the egg up for indirect iwht a pizza stone and brought the dome temp up to around 300, with a piece of parchment paper on the stone.

Egg coming up to temp and cooling racks ready.

Batch 1 on ready to cook......sorry bake.

Batch 1 cooling and batch 2 now on with some apple wood smoke (I had to try some smoke) :-)

Had enough dough left for one big cookie!

over all they where great cookies. The second batch with apple wood smoke was unique to say the least and I actually enjoyed them.

The next batch will have to have bacon!!!

Thanks for looking.

Comments

• Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Options
    Baking cookies on the Egg is a ton of fun and always shocks people. The Egg is so versatile. Great job. Now go bake a cake on your Egg.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• Tjcoley
    Tjcoley Posts: 3,551
    Options
    I love cookies on the Egg.  And if you are going to do a cake, I'd highly recommend Griffin's pineapple upside down cake.  
    Outcast Posts: 112
    Options
    The cookies look great.  What is "Pron" ?
  • JerkChicken
    Options
    Chocolate chip cookies were one of the first things I cooked on the egg. I've been baking them all my life in the oven, and I must say these were the best baked cookies I had ever made in terms of perfect shape and consistancy. They do tend to have a hint of smoke because of the burning lump obviously, but I found it unique and enjoyed them. I would have though that adding flavoring smoke would be overkill but it's good to know it still came out good

LBGE, Weber OTG w/ Rotisserie, Weber Genesis S-330, Chargriller Duo, AR-15, AK-47
  • Fliehigh
    Fliehigh Posts: 76
    Options
    The cookies look great.  What is "Pron" ?

Sorry "pron" is the word they use on another forum to describe a post withy food p*orn pictures. That way the site doesn't get tagged as an adult XXX site due to content.