Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Green Egg Chocolate Chip Cookies with pron

FliehighFliehigh Posts: 76
edited August 2012 in Desserts

So while bragging at work about my Egg and stating that I can cook anything on it that you can do on the stove or in an oven I was challenged to bake some cookies. One of the ladies at work was kind enough to mix me up some batter so all I had to do was "Bake" them.

Set the egg up for indirect iwht a pizza stone and brought the dome temp up to around 300, with a piece of parchment paper on the stone.

Egg coming up to temp and cooling racks ready.

Batch 1 on ready to cook......sorry bake.

Batch 1 cooling and batch 2 now on with some apple wood smoke (I had to try some smoke) :-)

Had enough dough left for one big cookie!

over all they where great cookies. The second batch with apple wood smoke was unique to say the least and I actually enjoyed them.

The next batch will have to have bacon!!!

Thanks for looking.

·

Comments

• GriffinGriffin Posts: 6,926
    Baking cookies on the Egg is a ton of fun and always shocks people. The Egg is so versatile. Great job. Now go bake a cake on your Egg.

Richardson, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

·
  • TjcoleyTjcoley Posts: 3,422
    I love cookies on the Egg.  And if you are going to do a cake, I'd highly recommend Griffin's pineapple upside down cake.  
  • OutcastOutcast Posts: 112
    The cookies look great.  What is "Pron" ?
    ·
  • Chocolate chip cookies were one of the first things I cooked on the egg. I've been baking them all my life in the oven, and I must say these were the best baked cookies I had ever made in terms of perfect shape and consistancy. They do tend to have a hint of smoke because of the burning lump obviously, but I found it unique and enjoyed them. I would have though that adding flavoring smoke would be overkill but it's good to know it still came out good

LBGE, Weber OTG w/ Rotisserie, Weber Genesis S-330, Chargriller Duo, AR-15, AK-47
    ·
  • FliehighFliehigh Posts: 76
    The cookies look great.  What is "Pron" ?

Sorry "pron" is the word they use on another forum to describe a post withy food p*orn pictures. That way the site doesn't get tagged as an adult XXX site due to content.
    ·