Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

results of goat thigh roast

JohnB
JohnB Posts: 183
edited August 2012 in EggHead Forum
Thanks for all the advice on the goat thighs. Here's what I wound up doing:

I marinated the thighs (about 2.5 lbs. each, from an organic farm) for about 2 hours in 1/2 cup lime juice, a bottle of white wine, a couple cloves of garlic and some olive oil. I used a hand blender to mix that up. Next I injected the roasts with the marinade. One got Trader Joe's smoked pepper rub and the other got some cheapie Astor curry powder rubbed on it. They hit 165 at about the 3 hour mark (using a plate setter). At that point I loosely foiled them. They hit 185 at the 4 hour mark. At that point I shut the egg down. It had been holding steady at about 275-300 the whole time. An hour later it was down to 200 and I put the roasts in a cooler, around 5 PM, after I had put another layer of foil around each. Took them out about 7:30. They were fantastic. Moist, tender and tasted more like lamb, maybe a little stronger. I personally preferred the one with the curry powder, but both were completely consumed.

Comments