Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Your favorite adult beverage?

Comments

• Chunz82
    Chunz82 Posts: 14
    Any beer from Abita
  • ratcheer
    ratcheer Posts: 189
    I enjoy certain brands of bourbon, gin, and rum. And many kinds of beer. It's hard to name one or a few favorites.

Tim
  • Mighty_Quinn
    Mighty_Quinn Posts: 1,878
    Funny...When i grabbed the plinys from my beer store i picked up a la fin du monde too. Nice taste in beer you have...
    I would say Pliny as my good go to beer, but since it isn't as widely distributed I dont drink it asoiften as I'd like. La Fin Du Monde is more readily available, but a good everyday IPA for me is Sierra Nevada Torpedo IPA. I need to find 3-5 local friends who like to taste different beers, and like bbq lol.

You're lucky you get at least some moderate distribution of Pliny...my bottle shop here in CO gets a shipment a month and all of that is held for customers...none hits the shelf. So basically, I can get two bottles a month. At least we have a plethora of good local brews...
  • DocWonmug
    DocWonmug Posts: 300
    Watermelon martini with Tito's
    LBGE
  • lakewade
    lakewade Posts: 385
    You're lucky you get at least some moderate distribution of Pliny...my bottle shop here in CO gets a shipment a month and all of that is held for customers...none hits the shelf. So basically, I can get two bottles a month. At least we have a plethora of good local brews...
    You guys are killing me with the Pliny references.  That's my favorite.  Can't get it in Texas though, so have to stockpile it when I am out West or beg my San Diego cousin to send care packages.  I can only play that card so often though.

I lubricate while cooking on the egg (no KY reference there) with Titos + Fresca + lime.  Wine of many varieties also comes into play at times.

-----------
    I feel a whole lot more like I do now than I did when I got here.
  • gtk10583
    gtk10583 Posts: 77
    Beefeater Gin, straight up, 2 olives
  • pci
    pci Posts: 249
    I like beer & for the hard stuff I like to sip a little Templeton
  • I have consumed and enjoyed most of the above mentioned products.  Now in my golden years, age 73, I enjoy a couple glasses of red wine just about every night.  California makes great reds, so does Italy, and don't forget France oh yeah I have to include Hungary...lets face it, if its red I drink it.
  • MikeP624
    MikeP624 Posts: 292

Four Roses Single Barrel with a little bit of ice.

• Kristinnn
    Kristinnn Posts: 133
    sailor jerry & coke zero (i tend to drink too much too quick of this though)

or

lemon-lime vodka, lemon juice, splash of water, and liquid stevia (spiked lemonade)
  • 7 & 7 always
    LET'S EAT
  • gabriegger
    gabriegger Posts: 682
    A good cold beer fixes 'bout anything. Partial to red wine; good for the heart. Bourbon is my all round fave since learning the songs of Texas singer songwriters. Here's the view through what is left of 4 fingers of Makers Mark - no ice. Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

the city above Toronto - Noodleville wtih 2 Large 1 Mini

• YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    For you BYS1981- Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
    Damn you for posting this pic!  A couple of Pliny's would go a long way with grilling.  Fortunately we started sporatically getting Ballast Point Sculpin in six packs so that's been my go to this summer.
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• YEMTrey
    And if the Pliny's put me in an overly "happy" mood I'll drink one of these:
    (I drink a lot more of these now that the temps are falling and football season is around the corner!)
    Steve 

• Cookbook_Chip
    Cookbook_Chip Posts: 1,299
    @gabriegger it appears Makers makes you creative, too!
    Lovin' my Large Egg since May 2012 (Richmond, VA) ... and makin' cookbooks at https://FamilyCookbookProject.com
    Stoker II wifi, Thermapen, and a Fork for plating photo purposes
  • Gezr
    Gezr Posts: 154
    Famous Grouse
    Sierra Nevada Pale Ale
    Jose Cuervo Especial
    Whatever you are pouring
    If you don't think too good, don't think too much.

Afton, VA
  • I've been a Maker's Ambassador for about 10 years and that is my drink of choice.  I really like that Knob 120 proof and Woodford is great, I also like Blanton's and Elmer T. Lee is swell.  I'll sip a few Shock Tops or Blue Moon every now and then.  When I'm in the power drinking zone on the boat, I'll go with Natty Light, Coors Light or some other cheap domestic.  I guess I'll drink just about any bourbon or beer.

_________________________________________________________________________________________

Johnson, Navin R... Sounds like a typical bastard.

Belmont, NC

• robnybbq
    robnybbq Posts: 1,911
    VODKA - Titos, Grey Goose, Ketel One, Belevedere, Skyy, Stoli in that order. 

I was never a scotch drinker but I do enjoy a Johnnie Walker Blue now and then.

If its in a plastic jug its only good for cleaning things.

Garnerville, NY
  • Lowflyer
    Lowflyer Posts: 785
    Too many to name just one:Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
  • berndcrisp
    berndcrisp Posts: 1,166
    It's not a Moscow Mule if it isn't in a copper mug. Some kind of reaction with the lime.
    Hood Stars, Wrist Crowns and Obsession Dobs!

• gabriegger
    gabriegger Posts: 682
    edited August 2012
    It sure doesn't hurt. Creative inspiration takes many forms. Especially after a few of those.

the city above Toronto - Noodleville wtih 2 Large 1 Mini

• lakewade
    lakewade Posts: 385

-----------
    I feel a whole lot more like I do now than I did when I got here.
  • BYS1981
    BYS1981 Posts: 2,533
    Drinking a Stone Smoked Porter tinight, trying to expand my beer palate.
  • Rzeancak
    Rzeancak Posts: 193
    Any single or blended scotch, when I feel "Debonaire" Gin & Tonic
    A child can ask questions a wise man can't answer!!!
    Canada
    Large @ Small BGE 

• Baysidebob
    Baysidebob Posts: 489
    Whatever gets me there.  Great or not so great depending on my wallet.  What I find interesting is how successful this thread is.  Seems we all have something in common that goes well with bar-b-que.
    My actuary says I'm dead.
  • U_tarded
    U_tarded Posts: 2,041
    Drinking a Stone Smoked Porter tinight, trying to expand my beer palate.
    one of my current favorites.  i am huge into craft beers from all over and also a makers ambassador, brown liqueur of all sorts will treat me right. 
  • BYS1981
    BYS1981 Posts: 2,533
    It seems kinda hand in hand, as bob suggested, good bbq and good booze (usually, lol sometimes ill slip and go cheapo) go well together. Friday I want to do steak and Porter beer of some kind.
  • I love the tribute to " Pliny the Elder.". I am in Arizona and am on the Stone Ruination Train. I cannot wait till Russian River sets up shop here.
  • Dan4BBQ
    Dan4BBQ Posts: 271
    Too many to name just one:Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
    Is the house next door for sale?  I need a neighbor like you.

My favorites are Kettle One and Glenmorangie.
  • YEMTrey
    Damn you with those Pliny pics.

We just got some 12oz'ers of the Stone Smoked Porter w/Vanilla Bean.  Those drink good.

Picked up three six packs of Ballast Point Sculpin and a bottle of Stone 16th.  Bring on the weekend.
    Steve