Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Your favorite adult beverage?

Comments

• Definitely some good ole Canadian whiskey 1910 Pendleton!
  • SmoothSmoke
    SmoothSmoke Posts: 141
    edited August 2012
    Old Parr Whisky

• Tjcoley
    Tjcoley Posts: 3,551
    Not sure if available outside of PA yet but you can not go wrong with any of their products.  The Root is my favorite - image

In the 1700’s, it was called “Root Tea.” An herbal remedy made with sassafras, sarsaparilla, birch bark and other wild roots and herbs. Native Americans taught the recipe to colonial settlers. As it was passed it down from generation to generation, it grew in potency and complexity. Particularly in the Pennsylvania hinterlands, where the ingredients naturally grow in abundance.

At the close of the 19th century, as the Temperance movement conspired to take the fun out of everything, a Philadelphia pharmacist removed the alcohol from Root Tea and rechristened it (ironically) “Root Beer”. He did this so that hard drinking Pennsylvania coal miners and steelworkers could enjoy it in place of true alcoholic refreshment. He introduced his “Root Beer” in a big way at the still legendary 1876 Centennial Exhibition in Philadelphia. The rest, as you know, is flaccid history

Here at Art in the Age, we thought it would be interesting and fun to turn back the clock and recreate a true pre-temperance alcoholic Root Tea. We’ve even made it certified organic, since back then, everything was organic. This is the opposite of corporate culture. It’s a genuine experience rooted in history and our own landscape. It is a truly interesting and contemplative quaff. Certainly like nothing else we have ever tasted before. It is NOT Root Beer flavored vodka or a sickly sweet liqueur.

Focker Posts: 8,364
    edited August 2012

How could I forget Carlo Rossi?

"Top of the line Rhine"

Best BBQ song out there...a classic.  Verse starting at 2:50

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g6QU7831BGs

Thank you E-40

Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    Jameson.  Second choice; Famous Grouse
    Anything Irish, can't go wrong. Prefer Tullamore Dew to Jameson. 

IPA - Sierra Nevada Torpedo (the hop bomb)
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • berndcrisp
    berndcrisp Posts: 1,166
    Moscow Mule or use Cpt Morgan Private Reserve in place of Belvedere.
    Ale: Anthing Ommegang or O'Connor.
    The McCallen
    Famous Grouse was good till wife said, 'tah tah'
    Hood Stars, Wrist Crowns and Obsession Dobs!

• berndcrisp
    berndcrisp Posts: 1,166
    Moscow Mule or use Cpt Morgan Private Reserve in place of Belvedere.
    Ale: Anthing Ommegang or O'Connor.
    The McCallen
    Famous Grouse was good till wife said, 'tah tah'
    Hood Stars, Wrist Crowns and Obsession Dobs!

• Tjcoley
    Tjcoley Posts: 3,551
    Moscow Mule or use Cpt Morgan Private Reserve in place of Belvedere. Ale: Anthing Ommegang or O'Connor. The McCallen Famous Grouse was good till wife said, 'tah tah'
    Your Moscow Mule needs to be served in a Copper Mug.  
    inkyon Posts: 88
    edited August 2012
    Jameson.  Second choice; Famous Grouse
    Anything Irish, can't go wrong. Prefer Tullamore Dew to Jameson. 

IPA - Sierra Nevada Torpedo (the hop bomb)

couldn't disagree with you and Irish whiskey rocks.
  • SteveWPBFL
    SteveWPBFL Posts: 1,327
    Coors Light on weeknights. A good IPA on weekends. Jack Daniel's on the rocks for occasions.
  • MacKay52
    MacKay52 Posts: 74
    Arrogant Bastard - Woodford or Makers on the rocks.
  • DaveM
    DaveM Posts: 100
    +1 for Blantons on the rocks.

If it is really hot, I like a good local ale or Tito's, Club Soda and extra lime.
    For wine, Paso Robles, CA rocks.  Try Vista Del Ray.  Yum!
    --Dave from Leesburg, VA BGE XL, Viking 42", Firepit with $16 grill
  • Scott805
    Scott805 Posts: 349
    Wellers and diet coke, Pappy's when available.

Large BGE, 2 Tier Adjustable Swing Rack System, three (3) bricks from Home Depot for raised direct, Blackstone 22" Griddle - Finally have a decent cooking area!

Dallas, TX

• Buckdodger
    Buckdodger Posts: 957
    Beer drinker here....Miller High Life Lite. Any good Scotch, or Gin or Jack on a couple of rocks and straight on occasion.

War Eagle !!!

Opelika, Alabama
  • lwrehm
    lwrehm Posts: 381
    Currently, its a Classic American Pilsner I brewed back in May.
  • brentsee
    brentsee Posts: 99

Gibsons or Crown Royal Whiskey with ice and water.  Molson Canadian beer.  They always go hand in hand with my weekend cooks.  Sometimes have a few too many - so I always make notes on time and temp for my special cooks. (for future reference)

• Bulleitt Frontier Whiskey over ice
  • ccpoulin1
    ccpoulin1 Posts: 390
    bombay sapphire wit tonic and a splash of grapefruit juice....... 

"You are who you are when nobody is looking"

• Cookbook_Chip
    Cookbook_Chip Posts: 1,299
    Woodford or Knob Creek
    +1 Knob Creek
    Lovin' my Large Egg since May 2012 (Richmond, VA) ... and makin' cookbooks at https://FamilyCookbookProject.com
    Stoker II wifi, Thermapen, and a Fork for plating photo purposes
  • Bullhalsey
    Bullhalsey Posts: 108
    1792 Ridgemont Reserve on ice...if it's really hot out, go w/A Sam Adams Summer Ale.
  • ChokeOnSmoke
    ChokeOnSmoke Posts: 1,942
    edited August 2012
    Can't think of too many adult beverages I don't like.

Summer, I drink a lot of Bacardi & diet Coke and just about any microbrew beer (ales are my favorite, especially NewCastle).

Winter, a lot of Irish whisky (haven't found a bad one yet).  Kentucky bourbon is high on my list too.

Anytime, I like Vodka & root beer, Gin & tonic.

Packerland, Wisconsin

• Chunz82
    Chunz82 Posts: 14
    Mad dog 20/20 red punch flavor....... Really good glass of red, any Mexican beer or Bombay and tonic
  • I just popped the top on a Fat Tire, but Sam Adam's Latitude 48 IPA has been my favorite to drink while grilling this summer.
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Evan Williams black with diet coke is my every day poison.  Have a keg of Pilsner Urquel tapped in the shop.  For special occasions, I like Macallan 12 yo single malt sherry barrel scotch.  When I'm out I'll drink negronis - 1:1:1 Campari, gin, vermouth
    I've only had a taste, but a co-worker's family owns this distillery, and he coughs up some bottles every Xmas party.

http://www.oldpogue.com/

XXL #82 out of the first 100, XLGE X 2, LBGE (gave this one to daughter 1.0) , MBGE (now in the hands of iloveagoodyoke daughter 2.0) and lots of toys

• BYS1981
    BYS1981 Posts: 2,533

Funny...When i grabbed the plinys from my beer store i picked up a la fin du monde too. Nice taste in beer you have...

I would say Pliny as my good go to beer, but since it isn't as widely distributed I dont drink it asoiften as I'd like. La Fin Du Monde is more readily available, but a good everyday IPA for me is Sierra Nevada Torpedo IPA. I need to find 3-5 local friends who like to taste different beers, and like bbq lol.
  • ncbbq
    ncbbq Posts: 257
    Woodford Reserve or a good IPA. For you Woodford Reserve lovers, I just visited the distillery a couple of weeks ago when I was near the Kentucky area. I must say it was a great tour and the scenery in Kentucky was great. First time I'd ever been there. Here are some pics of the good bourbon being made. I highly recommend this tour if you are in the neighborhood.
  • Grey Goose, Ciroc, Widmer Bros. Drifter, Sierra Nevada pale ale, Heineken, Corona
    LBGE, Weber OTG w/ Rotisserie, Weber Genesis S-330, Chargriller Duo, AR-15, AK-47
  • ratcheer
    ratcheer Posts: 189
    I've only had a taste, but a co-worker's family owns this distillery, and he coughs up some bottles every Xmas party.

http://www.oldpogue.com/

I used to have "conversations" with Peter Pogue on another forum, but he hasn't been around there for a few years. I hope he is well.

Tim