Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Slightly Different Kind of Table

Options
cuangler
cuangler Posts: 22
edited July 2012 in EGG Table Forum
Hey guys, I've been semi-lurking for about a year and a half, which is also about the time that I purchased my egg. I've been without a nest or table for that time as well. Just had the egg chilling on a concrete bench in my back yard while I schemed up a way to build my table. I wish I took pictures along the way, but oh well...

I wanted to have a metal frame because I knew that the Egg was going to last a lifetime, so I want my table to as well. I used 1-1/2 inch metal tubing and built a frame using the naked whiz dimensions as a rough guideline. Welded, grinded, smoothed, primed and painted. I used cypress for the table top. Glued and screwed them together with cross braces underneath out of sight.  Countersunk the screws underneath that hold it to the frame. Sanded and coated with Helmsman Urethane after reading several suggestions on here. My final step was the granite base. I bought a scrap piece off craigslist and had a guy in town trim it to match a cardboard template that I made for him.

No hooks or bottle openers yet... I might try and keep the sleek appearance of it and see how that works out. I would like to add a hanging rack of some sort underneath that I can slide my extra grates and grill extenders into.

Overall, I'm pretty happy with the way it turned out. Now that the wheels and Egg are in place, its a tad higher than I like. If I ever get a covered outdoor patio, I think I'll take the wheels off, but I try to keep it in the garage for now so that makes things difficult.

All in all, I probably have about $350-$400 into it. It wasn't the cheapest thing in the world and it took some time, but it should give me a lot of mileage.

imageimage

Comments