Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Another first timer...

GI_Tom
GI_Tom Posts: 1
edited July 2012 in Pork

So, took my new Large BGE out for a real spin this weekend. (Only previously tried some small stuff on it over the last 2 weeks) Decided on a 3LB pork shoulder/butt (bone in) and some pork back ribs. Kept pit at 220-225. Hit a stall on the butt around 171-173 and it seemed like an eternity. Everytime I wanted to mess with the thing, I'd come read these forums and assure myself all was well. :) Anyway, almost 7 hours later (for a 3LBer!) she finally hit the right internal temp and I pulled it off. Let it set for 30 minutes and then made some pulled pork sandwiches and it was fantastic. Family gave it a big thumbs up.

Ribs took 5 hours. They were the winners in the house. My wife, who is not even a fan of ribs said they were wonderful. She's quite the picky eater too. My daughter, who is home from college, told me she would visit more often now. Ha!

Anyway, thanks to everyone on this forum. Been reading it for a while. Helped me through the process for sure. Attached is a pic about half way through.

BGE.jpg 458.3K

Comments