Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Swing rack?

Comments

• VA in GA
    VA in GA Posts: 54
    @sgt93- your such a tease!!! @va in ga- anythings possible, maybe we should take a poll and see how many medium eggers would want one??
    Since there really is only one accessory for the mini and very few for the small, you may want to tap into that market as well Franco. A mini-rack for a few rows of ABT's, or two pizzas, a plate setter like device etc would be cool. 
    GREAT!  I'm in for one medium and one for the mini of anything!  Getting a small BGE next month, it seems that what works for the small works on the mini too.. 
    @sgt93- your such a tease!!! @va in ga- anythings possible, maybe we should take a poll and see how many medium eggers would want one??
    Since there really is only one accessory for the mini and very few for the small, you may want to tap into that market as well Franco. A mini-rack for a few rows of ABT's, or two pizzas, a plate setter like device etc would be cool. 

Proud Griller of a BGE Medium, Small and Large in May 2015!
  • VA in GA
    VA in GA Posts: 54
    Sorry about the double quote!  :-(
    Proud Griller of a BGE Medium, Small and Large in May 2015!
  • CGW1
    CGW1 Posts: 332
    Does anyone here know how to setup a poll??
    Franco Ceramic Grillworks www.ceramicgrillworks.com
  • Sgt93
    Sgt93 Posts: 728
    I don't even see where a poll is an option on here Franco. 
    XL BGE - Small BGE - A few Komodo Kamado Serious Big Bad 42s
    Follow me on Instagram: @SSgt93
  • I just loaded up the large BGE and adjusted my swing rack for a cook starting tomorrow night. I have two 8 pound butts for the bottom and one 10.5 pound butt for the top. I am glad I bought my rack back in November before the demand increased...... Love it and even use the top rack placed low in the fire ring for searing steaks.
    LBGE - Swing Grate - Platesetter - Pimaster110 - Pizza Stones - Maverick E732 - Thermapen - Dutch Ovens Abbeville, SC
  • Sgt93
    I just loaded up the large BGE and adjusted my swing rack for a cook starting tomorrow night. I have two 8 pound butts for the bottom and one 10.5 pound butt for the top. I am glad I bought my rack back in November before the demand increased...... Love it and even use the top rack placed low in the fire ring for searing steaks.
    It's the best accessory I have purchased yet. Mine is so seasoned, I could throw raw food on there and pick it right back off and be in heaven :))
  • eggo
    eggo Posts: 492
    Ordered my swing rack yesterday. Franco, how long will I wait????
    Eggo in N. MS
  • CGW1
    The updated info I received today is promising. I should be able to start shipping orders out mid to late next week.

Now for the possible bad news...not everyone will make the cut for this production run. I have already placed another order in for production, but based on where my order falls, I'm looking at 3-6 wks.

I will once having my orders lined up post names on this thread, these names will be getting there order on this run. If your name isn't listed, you will be on the next run.

Hope this makes sense.
  • gpsegg
    gpsegg Posts: 427
    Keeping my fingers crossed!
    George
    Palm Beach Gardens, Fl and Blairsville, Ga.
  • Dan4BBQ
    Dan4BBQ Posts: 271
    me too---need a little good luck
    Dan
  • Sgt93
    Send me $25 and you may get it quicker :) (I have nothing to due with this but $25 would be nice, thanks) :))
  • smokeyj
    smokeyj Posts: 340
    edited July 2012

I know I'm late on this but here is a pic with sear marks. I wish the pic wasn't blurry.

[IMG]http://i701.photobucket.com/albums/ww16/jsperk/2011_0731Fujjipics0006.jpg[/IMG]

• smokeyj
    smokeyj Posts: 340

I know I'm late on this but here is a pic with sear marks. I wish the pic wasn't blurry.

[IMG]http://i701.photobucket.com/albums/ww16/jsperk/2011_0731Fujjipics0006.jpg[/IMG]

• cortguitarman
    cortguitarman Posts: 2,061
    CGW1 said:

Does anyone here know how to setup a poll??

hapster said:

@CGW1 maybe you could set up a poll / survey at Survey Monkey? Seems like every time I am asked to do a survey, its thru them.

+1 on survey monkey. It is easy and you can share the link.
    Mark Annville, PA
  • Sgt93
    How is "the wait "going everyone!? :))
  • gpsegg
    gpsegg Posts: 427
    edited July 2012
    Sgt.....we are waiting patiently! <G> :((
    George
    Palm Beach Gardens, Fl and Blairsville, Ga.
  • Sgt93
    gpsegg said:

Sgt.....we are waiting patiently! <G> :((

:))
  • joe@bge
    joe@bge Posts: 394
    Count me in for a medium swing grate if you ever make one.  I have two of the large ones and can't imagine Egging without one.
  • timekpr1
    timekpr1 Posts: 151
    It is mid-week.  We should be getting close to receiving our Swing Rack!!
    Mama always said, Grilling was like a box of chocolates.  You never know what you're gonna get.
  • CGW1
    Yes you are correct....my production run is in the final phases, washing and packing, hopefully I will get the word soon that my order is ready for pickup.  Thank you all for your patience.

• Aviator
    Aviator Posts: 1,757
    edited July 2012

tap tap tap....... still waiting....

:((

Large and Small BGE, Blackstone 36 and a baby black Kub.

Chattanooga, TN.

• LizzieSamps
    LizzieSamps Posts: 894
    edited July 2012

tap tap tap....... still waiting....

:((
    Yes, I am praying that I will make the first orders oh PLEASE, I want one so badly! Come one, what a girl wants, what a girl needs...
  • timekpr1
    timekpr1 Posts: 151
    edited July 2012
    their BUTTS rubbed?
    Mama always said, Grilling was like a box of chocolates.  You never know what you're gonna get.
  • LizzieSamps
    LizzieSamps Posts: 894
    their BUTTS rubbed?
    Ha Ha!  =))
  • @CGW1 maybe you could set up a poll / survey at Survey Monkey? Seems like every time I am asked to do a survey, its thru them.
    +1. Just set it up under survey monkey and put a link to it on here. 
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • Sgt93
    Just got back from vacation and had to fire her up immediately. Made some chops on her that were out of this world. Top rack cook. 
  • zosobao5150
    zosobao5150 Posts: 133
    Question for those who have the 2-tier.  I built a homemade tier, but when I put a cast-iron pan (13" or so) or something heavy towards the middle or opposite the support system, my 2nd grid begins to slope downward.  (I have used a firebrick to support the far edge when this happens).

Does anyone know how much weight the top rack can support on the Ceramic Grill Works tier system?
    XL BGE
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,170
    Check out their web site as they posted some videos with pretty good weights on the top grid.  I have had easily around 12-15#'s of food up there wih no issues-and that's not close to the capacity.  Hopefully Franco (CGW) will be along with better info.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • CGW1
    @zosobao5150 - depends on the weight of what your putting on that top tier plus the temp your cooking at...I would say take the weight of that cast iron pan plus whatever your cooking in it and try it.  I've never done it, can't say I thought of adding a cast iron pan on the top tier.

I did a you tube video where I used 35# of weight lifting weights on the top tier and 5# on the bottom tier, but that was only to illustrate that when swinging the upper out of your way that the whole system would not tip.  The cooker was cold no lump and the grate was cold also, not sure this answers your question.  You can put some serious food on that top tier without worry, just not sure with a CI pan what would happen.  Hopefully someone on the forum can help answer that for you.
  • zosobao5150
    zosobao5150 Posts: 133
    Thanks Franco and lousubcap.  I was doing potatos/green peppers in the CI skillet and need to throw on the main course.  That is why I stuck it on my second tier.  I will check out the video.
    XL BGE