Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Beef Bacon Roll Ups

Options
hopkinsusmc87
hopkinsusmc87 Posts: 250
edited July 2012 in Beef
Beef bacon roll ups with jalapenos wrapped in the middle. When they are done I used teriyaki to glaze them. Outstanding but a pain to prep. Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Comments

• preneau
    preneau Posts: 7
    Options
    Wow ! I'm on this one...For those that won't like the pepper I'm thinking a shroom or maybe even pineapple...
  • Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Options
    Looks good. At first glance, i was thinking you lost some from start to finish, but then realized that you stacked them.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• travisstrick
    travisstrick Posts: 5,002
    Options
    Yum
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
  • boatbum
    boatbum Posts: 1,273
    Options
    What cut of beef are you using?
    Cookin in Texas
  • Kristinnn
    Kristinnn Posts: 133
    Options
    so is this like strips of beef and bacon over pickled jalapenos or whole ones?  interesting.  I may have to use my meat slicer to cut up some sirloin for this!  

the ideas of mushrooms or pineapple sounds like a winner too.  
  • FanOfFanboys
    FanOfFanboys Posts: 2,615
    Options
    That looks amazing. Details?
    Boom
  • Baysidebob
    Baysidebob Posts: 489
    Options
    What cut of beef are you using?

+1 on that question.  I am so stoked!
    My actuary says I'm dead.
  • Baysidebob
    Baysidebob Posts: 489
    Options
    Wow ! I'm on this one...For those that won't like the pepper I'm thinking a shroom or maybe even pineapple...

I'm thinking fresh pineapple next to the jalapeno!  I'll place the beef, probably lean like bottom round, in the freezer for a couple hours and run it through the slicer about the same thickness as some thick bacon.  So what should be served with it?
    My actuary says I'm dead.
  • hopkinsusmc87
    Options
    Thanks for the comments. This is one of my favorite things to eat, hate rolling them. But its thin cut sirloin strips (butcher will cut it for you, if he's nice) and thick cut beacon. The jalapeños are pickled, but you can use fresh. This was originally done with deer meat.
  • hopkinsusmc87
    Options
    My wife does not like the peppers either so I make half with and the other half without.
  • BGE4Life
    BGE4Life Posts: 34
    Options
    Those look absolutely amazing.  I think I want to try.  What time and temp to cook them?
  • MrCookingNurse
    MrCookingNurse Posts: 4,665
    Options

Thanks for the comments. This is one of my favorite things to eat, hate rolling them. But its thin cut sirloin strips (butcher will cut it for you, if he's nice) and thick cut beacon. The jalapeños are pickled, but you can use fresh. This was originally done with deer meat. </

I've done a ton of these with deer. Not yet on the egg tho!

XLBGE 
  • hopkinsusmc87
    Options
    I use to wrap them in foil on the old Char-broil grill and drain off the bacon fat. Then unwrap them and crisp up the bacon. On the egg I decided not to wrap them since the egg holds heat far better. I made a few mistakes with this cook because I was still trying to do it like I did on the old grill. I used the platesetter and then a drip pan but it was taking forever (set at 350), so I pulled the pan cranked the heat up to 400 and that did the trick. I should have cooked them without the platesetter but was worried about flare up (old school thinking). What a mess I made of the platesetter. You can tell from the picture I fried the ones on the end but the rest were great. It took like 20 mins to cook on the egg. On the old grill it took me almost an hour.