Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Lizzie's overnight brisket fun time

The Cen-Tex Smoker
The Cen-Tex Smoker Posts: 22,951
edited July 2012 in EggHead Forum
OK- here we go. There are 3 known briskets going on in the next few hours and a few first timers. To all of you who are doing packers for the first time: I'm putting mine on at 11-12 tonight. No matter your time line, here is what you do to prep: Cut all the hard fat off your brisket. Then trim the fat cap down to 1/8"-14" inch thick. coat your brisket with rub until you cannot see the grain of the meat. let it soak in for like 5-10 minutes before turning over and coating the other side. You can slather on mustard in a thin coat to hold the rub if you want to. Clean out your egg and put new lump up to the top of the fire box. light the lump right in the middle and let it catch to about the size of a glowing red softball. put 6-8 chunks/tons of chips in the lump and let the dome temp settle between 260-275. Check in with me before you put the brisket on if you are not comfortable with what to do.
Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX

Comments