Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

New Egger from Middle Georgia!

dawsonhull
dawsonhull Posts: 105
edited July 2012 in EggHead Forum
Hey everyone! Just wanted to say hello - I just recently purchased a LGBE after wanting one for 15 years when I had my first meal cooked on one!! I'm still learning the ropes - have done two rounds of ribeyes, chicken breasts, pizza, salmon, and just did calzones tonight. Everything has turned out great so far besides me flipping one of the calzones onto the ground tonight - three second rule! I'm basically just cooking my way through recipes that I've found on here or on the BGE website. Haven't been brave enough to invent anything.

I think I want to do ribs next. I don't have the V-rack, though. Do I need it for one rack of ribs or is it more for doing multiple racks at the same time?

Thanks!!
Dawson

Comments

• A big welcome from coastal Georgia!
  • The v-rack is only to create more space for more racks. You don't need one at all to do a great rib cook

Welcome aboard

Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • Newville
    Newville Posts: 84
    Welcome Dawson. Upside down a v rack will hold a number of trimmed racks on a large - but you don't need it to cook 2 racks. Good luck!
  • LizzieSamps
    LizzieSamps Posts: 894
    Welcome, it sounds like you have jumped right in, good for you! Like other have said the v-rack is not necessary for 1 or 2 racks! Good luck, lots of great Info and people on this forum that l
    Help us newbies out!
  • dawsonhull
    dawsonhull Posts: 105
    Great - thanks for the greetings and advice!! This will help me recover from buying the egg and nest - and then the plate setter and pizza stone a week later... Now I can't wait to try some ribs!
  • Great - thanks for the greetings and advice!! This will help me recover from buying the egg and nest - and then the plate setter and pizza stone a week later... Now I can't wait to try some ribs!

If you are looking for sympathy from this group for spending too much on you egg and accessories, you have come to the wrong place!
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • LizzieSamps
    LizzieSamps Posts: 894
    Great - thanks for the greetings and advice!! This will help me recover from buying the egg and nest - and then the plate setter and pizza stone a week later... Now I can't wait to try some ribs!

If you are looking for sympathy from this group for spending too much on you egg and accessories, you have come to the wrong place!
    Yup, that is true! These people make you want to spend more, not less!

• Newville
    Newville Posts: 84

Yup, that is true! These people make you want to spend more, not less!

Don't think of it as spending more ... rather gaining more capabilities ;)

Can. not. resist.