Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Anybody us Jaccards?

Little Steven
Little Steven Posts: 28,817
edited July 2012 in EggHead Forum

Since there has been a bit of discussion about tougher cuts of meat I wondered if everybody is aware of what a Jaccard can do?

Steve 

Caledon, ON

Comments

• calracefan
    calracefan Posts: 606
    I have one, use on all steaks, either it works really good or Sam's has some really good steaks cause I haven't had a bad one !
    Ova B.
    Fulton MO
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,162
    Have one and used to use it on brisket flats before applying the rub-got a bit lazy and haven't for quite a while (still see it in the cabinet...) but will ressurect it on the next cook. I really couldn't telll if it made any difference-but time to try again.  Thanks for the nudge.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • HavasuTom
    HavasuTom Posts: 13
    I use mine on flank steaks, brisket, pork chops and skinless chicken breasts.

Lake Havasu, Arizona 

Size does matter - XL BGE

• TigerRVer
    TigerRVer Posts: 27
    I use mine on tougher cuts of deer meat before frying.
  • I don't like using them when grilling steak because I like my steak Med Rare. When you push the bacteria from the outside of the steak in to the middle of the steak in hundreds of places.................no thanks. You essentially have the same safety risk as store bought ground beef. 

I have heard they are wonderful at tenderizing though. I just don't buy tough steak (on purpose anyway).

Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX