Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Whats your signature Egg cook?

robnybbq
robnybbq Posts: 1,911
edited June 2012 in EggHead Forum
Well what is you go to, knock it out of the park cook on your egg?

What do you think is the best?

What do your guests think is the best?

Garnerville, NY

Comments

• Richard Fl
    Richard Fl Posts: 8,297
    My favorite is a Crown Roast of Pork.  Like to serve during the holidays.

http://site.outdora.com/blog/crown-roast-big-green-egg-richard-fl-1431.html
  • Squeezy
    Squeezy Posts: 1,102

My ABTs are a hit with me and everyone else ... can't make enough at one time ...My ribs and butts do well.

Never eat anything passed through a window unless you're a seagull ... BGE Lg.
  • demo
    demo Posts: 163
    Prime Rib is my fav.  I use Dr. BBQ's method.
  • Gator Kabobs or Deer ham! Always turns out great and people love it! 
  • BBQBeerman
    BBQBeerman Posts: 62
    The beer I'm drinking while cooking on the egg is my signature
    Life is short,love what you do or do something else
  • Duganboy
    Duganboy Posts: 1,118
    Babybacks with Dizzy Dust.
  • The beer I'm drinking while cooking on the egg is my signature
    My kinda guy!!!

Mine is my baby back ribs with my homemade beer glaze.

• Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    I cold smoked some skirt steaks yesterday with some red oak and then hit them with a little Susie q and then some with cluck and squeal all purpose and some with DP cow lick. Then into the sous vide at 134 degrees for 24 hours. Got the salt block up to 600 and dropped a couple chunks of a whiskey barrel in for smoke and threw the skirts on for a couple minutes a side. love the meaty flavor and texture of these. A simple good cook that always impresses is meat loaf on the egg.
  • Brownie
    Brownie Posts: 1,023
    I know it's not impressive but my boys love grilled cheese.
  • Phoenix824
    Phoenix824 Posts: 243

Why do I think if I did that and asked my kids they would say the same thing.  =((   

My freinds and neighbors all say I should enter my baby backs in a competition but I know better.     They are better than you can find in a restaurant around my small town but they are not competition worthy.

Steve Van Wert, Ohio XL BGE
  • Doc_Eggerton
    Doc_Eggerton Posts: 5,321
    These are pretty good.  Bone end pork roast.

Friends and family also would argue for smoked salmon, stuffed peppers, or pizza.  Nice that the Egg makes you a chef of many recipies.

XXL #82 out of the first 100, XLGE X 2, LBGE (gave this one to daughter 1.0) , MBGE (now in the hands of iloveagoodyoke daughter 2.0) and lots of toys

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,660
    i dont know if its a particular dish, i like to cook things that ive never eaten before, some cooks are things ive never heard of before and randomely found. i like to cook them til i get them right to where i want them. most rescently ive been doing pissaladiere, its  french style pizza served as an appetizer, the flavors ar too strong to serve it as pizza night, but in small servings, 12 or more slices a pie, its killer. herb crust with rosemary thyme and garlic, sauce is roasted scallions and garlic with anchovie balsamic and basil, topping is kalamata olives and anchovies, then gorganzola and fresh basil sprinkled on top after cooking. serving to guests i hide the anchovies in the sauce and everyone likes it, if they see an anchovie thats a different story
    :))
    ill make this a few more times and never make it again, then the journey continues for something new

imageimage

fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • tyenic1
    tyenic1 Posts: 150
    Pretty much everything I cook on BGE is a signature dish!! ;)
  • BRush00
    BRush00 Posts: 367
    For me - the odd looking bbq in the backyard is the signature.
    [Insert clever signature line here]
  • BGE Convert
    BGE Convert Posts: 127
    Brownie, I see you have the CrayCourt CI grid. I have been thinking of getting one myself.  Let me know if you like it or think it is worth the money.  Thanks!
  • Smoker_Guru
    Smoker_Guru Posts: 372
    Brownie, I see you have the CrayCourt CI grid. I have been thinking of getting one myself.  Let me know if you like it or think it is worth the money.  Thanks!
    Convert, I have one and love it. Use it 60 - 70 % of the time.
  • BGE Convert
    BGE Convert Posts: 127
    sold.  will order one next week
  • Brownie
    Brownie Posts: 1,023
    BGE Convert I wanted it because it allows for more options (somewhat novelty over necessary) over other standard CI grids I've seen. I never priced others for a comparison of pros and cons vs cost, but I like mine. Maybe if I had had CI skillet and griddle I would not have been so eager for this set up. If it's affordable for you than I think you'll enjoy it as I do. Here is the link that sparked my interest in them.

• Well Im new to cooking with the GBE so at this point in time I have to say Beef Ribs! I made them a few weeks ago and they were OUTSTANDING!

• joe@bge
    joe@bge Posts: 394
    Ribs...I do a variation of the Car Wash Mike's recipe.  Excellent everytime.
  • Frachlitz
    Frachlitz Posts: 17
    Chicken filled with shallots, apple and rosemary. And with the brest wrapped in thick bacon slices.

Works every time, and everybody loves it!
    Griller from Denmark, Europe (BigGreenEgg Large, Weber Q300, Weber Gold 57cm)
  • ccpoulin1
    ccpoulin1 Posts: 390

Frachlitz,

sounds great!  i will add it to the list

"You are who you are when nobody is looking"

• Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Probably pork tendeloin sates and anything Indian

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Baysidebob
    Baysidebob Posts: 489
    Spatchcocked chicken.  I remove the breastbone as well as the backbone.  I apply my home-made rubs.  I do more impressive dishes but the spatchcocked chicken is totally reliable and better than any bird any guest has ever eaten.  I do them direct on the top of an adjustable rig 35 minutes skin side down at 325 or so dome temp then flip until done.  Easy!  Crispy skin and moist meat every time with lots of uses for leftovers if there are any.
    My actuary says I'm dead.