Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

First Overnight/Shoulder/Pulled

Options
BRush00
BRush00 Posts: 367
edited June 2012 in EggHead Forum
imageWell folks, that's it....

My egg and I are no longer overnight virgins...

Used the Eldar Ward Rub from Naked Whiz's website - as well as the Coleslaw recipe on the same page.  No pictures of the shoulder before pulling, and really only about half the meat, but you get the idea.

Found a great Mustard/Vinegar sauce online too, dish was an absolute hit with the party goers.

[Insert clever signature line here]

Comments

• Gandy Dancer
    Gandy Dancer Posts: 273
    Options
    looking good. pull pork is easy to do and always good
  • ncbbq
    ncbbq Posts: 257
    Options
    Looks like you nailed it.
  • tazcrash
    tazcrash Posts: 1,852
    Options
    Looks good. Pulled Pork shoulder IMHO is just the easiest slow cook, and always a crowd pleaser.
    Bx - > NJ ->TX!!! 
    All to get cheaper brisket! 
  • NDG
    NDG Posts: 2,431
    Options
    very nice, I did one yesterday as well.  I put the shoulder on COLD after reading posts here about ways to increase your smoke ring.  I was surprised that I observed a significantly larger smoke ring (compared to letting the meat rest at room temp before hitting the grill) . . . here are my pics of that beautiful ring!

Columbus, OH

“There are only two ways to live your life.  One is as though nothing is a miracle.  The other is as if everything is”