Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What are your obsessions besides grilling?

Comments

• troutgeek
    troutgeek Posts: 458
    In general it seems to me that Eggheads are well armed!!  :D

Mike
    Seems to be the case.  My current CCW is a Kimber SIS custom and a glock 19 for insurance.  No ones stealing my pork butt!
    Love the Kimber SIS.  Wish it was still in production.
    XL BGE - Large BGE - Small BGE - Traeger Lil' Tex Elite - Weber Smokey Joe
  • mattp
    mattp Posts: 12
    I got certified in Northern Florida.  When I told my wife I was down 200 ft and 1/2 mile in on a planned deco dive and going through a passage that was about 3 feet in diameter, she started hyperventilating. You can't be claustrophobic in cave diving.
    Haven't dived in years.  My deepest was Zuber Sinkhole, and went to 180 feet.  Got nitrogen narcosis; cool.  Did 110 feet at Eagle's Nest, and went down the big crack.  My brother and I talked in the bath tub, which was 90? feet.

I did Blue Springs, but only down to about 80 feet.  Did 80 feed at West Palm, and looked at the nothing on the bottom, but it was really exciting to surface to no support boat.  The guy had gone in for cigarettes!

Most dives were at 30 feet in the Keys, and that was wonderful.

I was certified to dive before I could drive legally. Born and raised in Key West

How long have you been away from <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" />Key West? Though I’m not a Conch (but certainly a Bubba), I do consider Key West my home. I lived there for about ten years or so. I did my apprenticeship with City Electric (Keys Energy).

• mattp
    Copy and paste from Word did not work as well as I had hoped.?
  • mattp

Mike

Who's going to start the thread " What is your favoite gun"? I would, but  I am way to new to stir the Off Topic hornets nest.

My  favorite is my XDM 9mm

• Ranger908
    Ranger908 Posts: 44

Austin Smoker

Nice Dawg.  Nice Mallard.  Gave up duck hunting last year when I lost mine.

• tgkleman
    tgkleman Posts: 216
    Golf, Woodworking
  • kentucky basketball
    Titans Football
    traveling and seeing concerts mostly of bands that are past their prime
    Franklin, TN
  • noarmysargent
    noarmysargent Posts: 91
    edited May 2012

Mike

Who's going to start the thread " What is your favoite gun"? I would, but  I am way to new to stir the Off Topic hornets nest.

My  favorite is my XDM 9mm

XDM 40cal. compact is my conceal weapon
  • Austin Smoker
    Austin Smoker Posts: 1,467

Austin Smoker

Nice Dawg.  Nice Mallard.  Gave up duck hunting last year when I lost mine.

Thanks man....sorry to hear yours...always been partial to chocs
  • brianwdmn
    brianwdmn Posts: 371
    I got certified in Northern Florida.  When I told my wife I was down 200 ft and 1/2 mile in on a planned deco dive and going through a passage that was about 3 feet in diameter, she started hyperventilating. You can't be claustrophobic in cave diving.
    Haven't dived in years.  My deepest was Zuber Sinkhole, and went to 180 feet.  Got nitrogen narcosis; cool.  Did 110 feet at Eagle's Nest, and went down the big crack.  My brother and I talked in the bath tub, which was 90? feet.

I did Blue Springs, but only down to about 80 feet.  Did 80 feed at West Palm, and looked at the nothing on the bottom, but it was really exciting to surface to no support boat.  The guy had gone in for cigarettes!

I was certified to dive before I could drive legally. Born and raised in Key West

How long have you been away from <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" />Key West? Though I’m not a Conch (but certainly a Bubba), I do consider Key West my home. I lived there for about ten years or so. I did my apprenticeship with City Electric (Keys Energy).

I was born there in 1960. Lived behind Bevis Lewis Cevrolet. My mom and dad met on the island in 1959.

Marietta, East Cobb, GA
  • demo
    demo Posts: 163
    Shooting handguns and fishing for dinner.
  • mattp
    Copy and paste from Word did not work as well as I had hoped.?
    Why in the name of any fictitious god would you do such a thing?
    Because I spell like a Fifth Grader?
  • brianwdmn
    brianwdmn Posts: 371

We moved off the island in 1990.
    Marietta, East Cobb, GA
  • UPinSMOKE
    UPinSMOKE Posts: 53
    My love of speed started with racing go-karts, then to aviation and started with a private pilots’ license in high school, then to crop dusting to pay for college. 

Then transitioned to aerostats (hot air balloons) and competed on the Pro Balloon Tour for 11 years. When that died off, I got white line fever very bad and did the Iron Butt thing (Long Distance Motorcycle Riding- mainly Beemers) for several years with my best 50CC (Coast to Coast in 50 hrs or less) in 46 hours to FL to CA and then doubled back to JAX in 43!). 

Lately, kayak fishing is my passion on both rivers (mainly the Hooch for trout), flat waters and occasional salt water. Smoked trout on the Egg.....not much better than that! I am also an RC blimp pilot for the Gwinnett Gladiators hockey team (9 yrs). Still can’t let the ‘flying’ thing go away totally! :D 

Cheers!

Pat

Quite an eclectic group of folks hanging around this forum!!!!
  • My love of speed started with racing go-karts, then to aviation and started with a private pilots’ license in high school, then to crop dusting to pay for college. 

Then transitioned to aerostats (hot air balloons) and competed on the Pro Balloon Tour for 11 years. When that died off, I got white line fever very bad and did the Iron Butt thing (Long Distance Motorcycle Riding- mainly Beemers) for several years with my best 50CC (Coast to Coast in 50 hrs or less) in 46 hours to FL to CA and then doubled back to JAX in 43!). 

Lately, kayak fishing is my passion on both rivers (mainly the Hooch for trout), flat waters and occasional salt water. Smoked trout on the Egg.....not much better than that! I am also an RC blimp pilot for the Gwinnett Gladiators hockey team (9 yrs). Still can’t let the ‘flying’ thing go away totally! :D 

Cheers!

Pat

Quite an eclectic group of folks hanging around this forum!!!!
    love it. 

Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • Doc_Eggerton
    Doc_Eggerton Posts: 5,321
    I got white line fever very bad and did the Iron Butt thing (Long Distance Motorcycle Riding- mainly Beemers) for several years with my best 50CC (Coast to Coast in 50 hrs or less) in 46 hours to FL to CA and then doubled back to JAX in 43!). 
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AjGXn249Fc0

Unfortunately I could not find the motorcycle scene where he is so cold he flys into the trees.  I was so cold once I rode up to the school parking lot, hit the kill switch, and could not put my feed down.  I just fell over.

My longest trip was on a Suzuki 1100 from Florida to Toronto, and back via Gettysburg and Hersey PA.  30 days on the bike, and my life long longest vacation.

XXL #82 out of the first 100, XLGE X 2, LBGE (gave this one to daughter 1.0) , MBGE (now in the hands of iloveagoodyoke daughter 2.0) and lots of toys

• clbegis
    clbegis Posts: 6
    Boating and Photography

• Eggucated
    Eggucated Posts: 213
    My family, my Porsche Cayman (987), and the endless pursuit of new ways to cook critters! We just bought a new camera so I need to fire up the egg and start contributing some pics!
    Thanks, Mike "Live in such a way that if anyone should speak badly of you, no one will believe it."
  • Eggucated
    Eggucated Posts: 213
    edited May 2012
    Clbegis, Awesome pics! What kind of camera(s) do you use? Do you do anything special to protect them while out on the boat?
    Thanks, Mike "Live in such a way that if anyone should speak badly of you, no one will believe it."
  • bariccardi
    bariccardi Posts: 53
    Photography, college football and craft beer
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,429
    ...then to crop dusting to pay for college. 
    I paid for college working as a janitor...

Very, very jealous, congrats!  

"I mean, I don't just kill guys, I'm notorious for doing in houseplants."  - Maggie, Northern Exposure

• BOWHUNR
    BOWHUNR Posts: 1,487
    Thanks to my BGE's and garlic, I crop dust people on a regular basis.

;):D

Mike

I'm ashamed what I did for a Klondike Bar!!

Omaha, NE
  • bigguy136
    bigguy136 Posts: 1,362
    edited May 2012

I guess I like to hang out in corners. Been doing this for 18 years. I'm #16

Big Lake, Minnesota

2X Large BGE, 1 Mini Max, Stokers, Adjustable Rig

• Hunting (Turkey and Whitetail) and fishing (fly and for small and large mouth)
  • Austin Smoker
    Austin Smoker Posts: 1,467

I guess I like to hang out in corners. Been doing this for 18 years. I'm #16

SWEET Big Guy....you need to get ready for a trip to Austin and the new F1 track! It's about 25 minutes from Lockhart and some killer BBQ!
  • gatorBGE
    gatorBGE Posts: 81
    started duck hunting last year, getting back into freshwater fishing after spending past decade on Fl coast, my wife and I love our ATV, we have three dogs and are looking at travel trailers to do some weekend excursions
    Large Egg October 2011
    MiniMax December 2014
  • deeznutz
    deeznutz Posts: 13
    edited May 2012
    Reef keeper and photography here

-dan
  • troutgeek
    troutgeek Posts: 458
    Hunting (Turkey and Whitetail) and fishing (fly and for small and large mouth)
    Bet I know what your favorite fly is.
    XL BGE - Large BGE - Small BGE - Traeger Lil' Tex Elite - Weber Smokey Joe
  • double
    double Posts: 1,214
    Things that go bang and my XL BGE
    Lynnwood WA
  • Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200

Guess I'll finally chime in. I've had a lot of hobbies throught the years, some I'm still into, others I out grew or gave up for one reason of another.

Surfing - grew up surfing down in Corpus (yes Texas gets waves) Have been lucky enough to surf in Hawaii, California, Mexico and Puerto Rico. Still have 3 boards stashed down at my in-laws and go out every time I get a chance to visit.

Guns - this is a new one for me. My wife got me my first one, a Maverick 12 gauge, 2 years ago for our anniversary, although I grew up learning how to shoot. I also have a Mossberg .270 and recently picked up a 1948 Remington 512 (.22). My Father In Law really hasn't allowed any hunting (except dove) down at the ranch for years, letting the deer population come back, but said we could take a few this year and any wild hogs we see.

Jeeps and offroading- unfortunately, I had to sell my Jeep this past January. Just wasn't practical as a daily driver, 60 miles a day for work riding on 35's tires. I'll get another one someday as a second car.

RC cars - used to be in this big time. Just found a bunch of them in storage this weekend and brought them out to tinker with and run. Don't know if I'm gonna keep them or sell them yet.

And of course, grilling and smoking. Been doing it for over 15 years on one type or another of grill, but love teh BGE best of all.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings