Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What are your obsessions besides grilling?

Comments

• lemonade
    lemonade Posts: 93
    Other than grilling?   Eating!   
    Is it done yet? Is it done yet?
  • Mowgli
    Mowgli Posts: 34
    Flying with RC modelairplanes
  • pci
    pci Posts: 249
    Been  fishing for the last 14 days most likely will fish every day rest of the month.
    Jealous. Catching anything? I've been killing the catfish last few weeks on river.
    Best 10 days of crappie fishing in years
  • Gezr
    Gezr Posts: 154
    I guess "obsession" is a bit strong, but we enjoy raising birds; parrots in the house. chickens, guineas, geese, peafowl not in the house, but in their own enclosures or pond. Except for the chickens all are allowed to roam during the day and then are penned up at night.
    We don't breed parrots but we have to breed the outside birds to compensate for predation-foxes, hawks, bobcats, coyotes, and snakes that go for eggs and chicks. So far we are staying ahead of the predators, but it's a tug of war.
    If you don't think too good, don't think too much.

Afton, VA
  • Ranger908
    Ranger908 Posts: 44

billybon

Here you can get your fish, your gator, and your deer all in one kayak outing.  Although you might need a xxlarge egg for this one.

• I am enjoying this!  Woodworker, (started @ 10 years old) drummer, camping about 40 days a year, guns and NRA. DAWG fan and well as Dog lover.  My passions are being a husband, father, and follower of Christ.  
    Free advice, Our kids are grown.  We gave them nearly all of our time. (great investment by the way)  When the youngest left for collage, my wife and I went back to our love of camping.  I encourage you all to to renew that relationship with your better half!
  • Whoa Ranger. That is a cool pic. Wow.
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • DOCED
    DOCED Posts: 69
    Saltwater fishing is a great way to spend a lot of money for a meal without the hassle of people waitng on you, clean utensils and plates,dry seats etc......I mean, who would want that! That said, a nice day on the blue water is like being in church (The Church of the Singing Reel).
  • BOWHUNR
    BOWHUNR Posts: 1,487
    In general it seems to me that Eggheads are well armed!!  :D

Mike

I'm ashamed what I did for a Klondike Bar!!

Omaha, NE
  • Village Idiot
    Village Idiot Posts: 6,959
    edited May 2012

Mike
    lol.  Years ago, I read that the average survivalist owned 18 guns.  I counted mine up and I had 23.  I've gotten rid of all except my muzzleloaders and defense weapons (and a .22 rifle for 4 legged creatures in my chicken coop).

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

• travisstrick
    travisstrick Posts: 5,002

Mike
    Big time. I'm very surprised. I bet an eggfest is one of the safest places around. I know the Salado eggfest was well protected :)
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
  • JerkChicken
    JerkChicken Posts: 551
    edited May 2012
    I used to pass the Randall place on my daily commute, off of Orange Blossom Trail in Orlando.  OBT is a good place to have a big knife.

Lol! I was just riding down the trail yesterday. Big knife is good but for OBT a big gun is better!

As for my other interests, yup, another gun guy here. Love my Glock, AK, AR, Mossberg and others. Also love traveling, beaches, movies and sampling fine buds... The stickiest of the icky. Goes great with grilling :)
    LBGE, Weber OTG w/ Rotisserie, Weber Genesis S-330, Chargriller Duo, AR-15, AK-47
  • BigSteve
    BigSteve Posts: 52
    My baby girl, my wife and family, HUGE DAWG fan, lots of fishing here in GUlf Breeze Florida, cooking in general (one grandfather owned a seafood market, the other a chef with his own restaurant), my dog(he's awsome).Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
  • gerhardk
    gerhardk Posts: 942
    This time of year it is my motorcycle, I had a Honda ST1100 for the last 13 years and this year treated myself to this BMW R1200RT.

Gerhard

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,170
    Okay-given I'm older than most of the posters (62) I have evolved beyond obsessions other than those that are mere dreams. I have enjoyed the breadth of talents, hobbies and entertainment expressed by all prior posts.  Quite a talented group-so I guess I come down on the "besides grilling" I'm just havin fun.  Have tried and exhausted a few things in my past life-and clearly need to find a few more for the present and future.  And yes-I enjoy trying to pass on some useful info to those who post here looking for help-not much is original but I am a fairly accomplished "frictionless conduit" for all I have gleaned from this site and others.  Have a great BGE day :)>-
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Newportlocal
    Newportlocal Posts: 474
    Saltwater fishing is a great way to spend a lot of money for a meal without the hassle of people waitng on you, clean utensils and plates,dry seats etc......I mean, who would want that! That said, a nice day on the blue water is like being in church (The Church of the Singing Reel).

Out of San Diego long range on the long trips. Prime rib with baked potatoes and desert, etc.,etc. three meals a day with snacks in between meal times chef cooked, unlimited soda machine and coffee, running tab for beer, air conditioned staterooms many with tvs. It is a rough way to suffer : )
  • Newportlocal
    FanofFanboys: my TJ is a 2002 Sahara w all the stickers removed. And as far as the Glocks go, they are sweet!!! My Sig P238 380 (not shown) is great for concealment.

My favorite CCW was a S&W 342PD that was a hard one to sell when my wife needed some money. Hope to replace it.
  • Austin Smoker
    Austin Smoker Posts: 1,467
    This time of year it is my motorcycle, I had a Honda ST1100 for the last 13 years and this year treated myself to this BMW R1200RT.

Gerhard

Very nice ride and cool pic!
  • Austin Smoker
    Austin Smoker Posts: 1,467
    Interesting.....lots of firepower.

My obsessions are in no particular order:

My bride
    Duck Hunting, especially with my son
    Retriever Training
    Helping folks out

• Newportlocal
    Love the worms and minnows shack. Reminds me of Northern Pike fishing in Minnesota cool pic.
  • GrannyX4
    GrannyX4 Posts: 1,491
    Raised 2 and got 4 Grands. I design and make stained glass panels and lamps. I cook and turn brisket into leather. I bet I'm the only one on this forum who has leather mastered. ;;)
    Every day is a bonus day and every meal is a banquet in Winter Springs, Fl !
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,170
    Raised 2 and got 4 Grands. I design and make stained glass panels and lamps. I cook and turn brisket into leather. I bet I'm the only one on this forum who has leather mastered. ;;)
    Any who have wrestled with brisket, especially flats, may not have mastered leather but certainly have produced a wallet or purse or two with the end results.  I'm standing in that category :)>-
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • GrannyX4
    GrannyX4 Posts: 1,491
    Thanks, I'm glad I'm not alone. A failed brisket really hurts the pocket.
    Every day is a bonus day and every meal is a banquet in Winter Springs, Fl !
  • burr_baby33
    burr_baby33 Posts: 503
    Red wine, my grandchildren, walking through an Alaska rain forest after a day of salmon and halibut fishing,
    The Kentucky derby, a hot cup of coffee on a cold morning of striper fishing with the boat heater on high, my great grand children, photographing wildflowers with my wife of nearly 54 years.
  • I could outfit the entire Kardashian clan in pants with all the Briskets I wrecked over the years.
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • freduc2
    freduc2 Posts: 73
    Brewing Beer and Fishing.

Here are home brewed Oatmeal Stout and Irish Red Ale for St Patty's day last year. Kegged now is a Double Chocolate Stout and a Peach Ale. 
    LBGE, Weber Performer. Located in Franklin County Pa.
  • Ragtop99
    Ragtop99 Posts: 1,570
    I like a good oatmeal stout.  I tried to grab yours off the screen, but no luck.
    Cooking on an XL and Medium in Bethesda, MD.
  • Jonathan1970
    Jonathan1970 Posts: 156
    Golf, Darts, watching college football
  • Outcast
    Outcast Posts: 112

Mike
    Seems to be the case.  My current CCW is a Kimber SIS custom and a glock 19 for insurance.  No ones stealing my pork butt!