Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Brisket on two hours and already 141. Should I be worried.

2»

Comments

• You are golden. Nice job.
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,168
    At the risk of the obvious-slice against the grain and don't slice til ready to consume.  Take the accumulated juices from the foil and slice and pour over the sliced flat.  Dang-I am in envy...Tasty for sure!
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • AZbge
    AZbge Posts: 96
    No pics :-/

I haven't taken the time to figure out how to do it but I did take a pick when I pulled it. I'll try to figure out how to post it when everyone leaves tonight.
  • AZbge
    What is the best way to salvage the brisket? Just add the juices back like Lou mentioned? BBQ sauce? Apple juice?
  • What? Why do you need to salvage? What happened?
  • If you need moisture after the cook, use sauce. No apple juice. Still can't figure out what happened. You looked like you had it nailed.
  • AZbge
    What? Why do you need to salvage? What happened?

Sorry for not explaing more. Haven't tried it yet. Hoping for the best, preparing for the worst.
  • Ok. A little BBQ sauce cuts all ills if it's not just like you like it. You cooked it fine. Should be great so just a little sauce if it's dry but I don't think you have to worry about much.
  • *cures all ills (not cuts- dang iPhone)
  • AZbge
    The verdict is in..... It was good, not great.  Very dry.  So much so I had little to no juice (even after slicing) to put back on the meat.  I did think the fattier pieces were very good however.  Thankfully, I have a very appreciative family that doesn't often eat BBQ so they always enjoy it.

I am far from discouraged though and look forward to the next one.  I learned a lot on my first brisket and really saw why the egg gets such high marks.

I can't thank everyone enough for the help!
  • Great job. They definitly take some practice to get right. I wish I could tell you exactly what happened that made mine go from decent to good. Just seems like after 50 or so, they just got better and i got smarter :) I guess you just have to feel the pain for a few and then you start to get a little better each time. I still make some bad ones so don't sweat it.
  • AZbge
    Then I only have 49 more to go before I figure out what I'm doing.... :))
  • Then I only have 49 more to go before I figure out what I'm doing.... :))
    I'm still not sure I know what I"m doing (and I've done a lot more than 50).