Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Wha' happened?

Options
SteveWPBFL
SteveWPBFL Posts: 1,327
edited April 2012 in EggHead Forum
Was it me? Where'd everybody go? I lost my lifeline there for a day or so !

Comments

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,337
    Options
    Not just you but this BGE  supported site had a major hiccup from afternoon 4/27 til a few hours ago.  But you do raise a good point regarding "Where is everybody"-probably Austin eggfesting:) and who knows what else.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    edited April 2012
    Options
    I'm in Vegas but I was a little butt hurt when I couldn't check the site during my poker session.
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • tazcrash
    tazcrash Posts: 1,852
    Options
    About to mow the lawn. 
    Then Chicken legs.

Bx - > NJ ->TX!!! 
    All to get cheaper brisket! 
  • Tomcat225
    Tomcat225 Posts: 41
    Options
    It was just awful..I had no one to share my pics of boudin sausage and cornbread on the egg with!!
  • paulheels
    paulheels Posts: 457
    Options
    @tomcat BOUDIN!!!!!! Love, love, love!

Paul
    thebearditspeaks.com. Go there. I write it.
  • NecessaryIndulg
    Options
    I don't know what happened but I hope it never happens again.  I was lost without my daily dose of BGE talk..  #:-S
    I'm Kristi ~ Live in FL ~ BGE since 2003.
    I write about food & travel on Necessary Indulgences.  
    You can also find me on FacebookInstagram, and Twitter.
  • Village Idiot
    Village Idiot Posts: 6,959
    Options
    Yes,  I didn't know what to fix for supper without Kristi inspiring me with a scrumptious meal. 

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

• The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    That was horrible (although Stike had me in tears on the other forum). Kristi, we (wife and I) checked out your blog today. Good stuff! You were right by us several times in Austin. We live between the oasis and Salt lick (10 minutes from Oasis and 20-25 from Salt Lick. Looks like you guys hit all the good spots. We'll meet you out next time you are this way.
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • NecessaryIndulg
    NecessaryIndulg Posts: 1,298
    edited April 2012
    Options
    That was horrible (although Stike had me in tears on the other forum). Kristi, we (wife and I) checked out your blog today. Good stuff! You were right by us several times in Austin. We live between the oasis and Salt lick (10 minutes from Oasis and 20-25 from Salt Lick. Looks like you guys hit all the good spots. We'll meet you out next time you are this way.
    Thank you for looking at my site! :)  I really appreciate that!
    I'll let you know the next time we head to Austin -- I know we will be back.  There are so many more places for us to checkout! 

Village Idiot -- YOU are the one who inspires ME!  Whatcha got cooking today? 
  • Village Idiot
    Village Idiot Posts: 6,959
    Options
    hahahaha.  Thanks.  I just read your blog on your Austin trip. OMG, how much weight did you gain ?  That all looks amazing.  Your friends sure knew the right places to take you.

Nothing cooking today.  We just got back from Galveston where we had a big fried shrimp platter on the Fisherman's Wharf off the Strand.  However, I do have something in mind for tomorrow.

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

• NecessaryIndulg
    Options
    hahahaha.  Thanks.  I just read your blog on your Austin trip. OMG, how much weight did you gain ?  That all looks amazing.  Your friends sure knew the right places to take you.

I have no idea -- I avoid scales, but I can tell you my jeans were fitting a little snug by the end of the weekend.  It wasn't as bad as the weekend we spent in Rome, tho'.   :@)
    But totally worth it.  Every time. 
  • NibbleMeThis
    NibbleMeThis Posts: 2,295
    Options
    You get bonus points just for the "A Mighty Wind" reference ;)
    Knoxville, TN
    Nibble Me This
  • Salty Hogs BBQ
    Options
    Great news is Stike got what he wanted.  The other site started to kiss his butt and he is posting there now.  Welcome relief here.
  • Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Options
    There is no capital in stike. If you are going to be an idiot at least spell it properly

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    Options
    hey salty. glad to see you back.

good to see i am still in your head.

ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • Salty Hogs BBQ
    Options
    Woohoo. Fiddlesticks. I got the attention I was seeking. Attention is a good thing whether it is positive or negative.

Now I will do the Happy Gilmore happy dance.
  • Dirtnaponhold
    Dirtnaponhold Posts: 21
    edited April 2012
    Options

There is no capital in stike. If you are going to be an idiot at least spell it properly

Whoa there!  There is room for one Idiot here.  Plus I hear he is the Mayor of some Village somewhere in Texas.

• Dirtnaponhold
    Dirtnaponhold Posts: 21
    edited April 2012
    Options
    Whoa! There room for only one Idiot on this forum. Plus I hear he is an unelected Mayor of some Village in Texas.

• moose28
    moose28 Posts: 61
    Options
    My BBQ forum is better and bigger. My egg is better my wife is bigger. Haha. I'm just glad it's back. Can't we all just get along.
  • dlk7
    dlk7 Posts: 1,053
    Options
    I can't believe my wife is walking around the park without her top on again!!!!

Two XL BGEs - So Happy!!!!

Waunakee, WI

• The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    That guy's smile is priceless. Funny stuff
  • Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Options
    Does anybody else wish their monitor had two sides and they could turn it around to see the other side of that picture or is it just me? I noticed the forum was down Friday afternoon, but I hardly check it on the weekend,so I was fine.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    Does anybody else wish their monitor had two sides and they could turn it around to see the other side of that picture or is it just me? I noticed the forum was down Friday afternoon, but I hardly check it on the weekend,so I was fine.
    Dude, you want to see that guy's butt? You are gross! :))
  • supervisor404
    Options
    Still here buddy...Atlanta checking in..It was a beautiful weekend.
  • Griffin
    Options
    =))  Ya figured me out! Actually, it kind of worries me that you came up with that....

Rowlett, Texas

• The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    =))  Ya figured me out! Actually, it kind of worries me that you came up with that....
    I have problems.....
  • Griffin
    Options
    Apparently. ;)

Rowlett, Texas

• tazcrash
    tazcrash Posts: 1,852
    Options

=))
    Bx - > NJ ->TX!!! 
    All to get cheaper brisket! 
  • Egg Juju
    Egg Juju Posts: 658
    Options

+1... but I have imagine her other side too!
    Large and Small BGE * www.quelfood.com