Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Razorback Football: Non Egg Topic - can you indulge - and give me some support....

boatbum
boatbum Posts: 1,273
edited April 2012 in EggHead Forum

Ok - so this is my foray into social media - so gotta say whats on my mind...

As a loyal Arkansas fan - this has been a tough week.....

So many factors leading towards a good Razorback run this fall ...

then - this week....    I agree with the AD's decision on firing the coach - though I realize it may cost the season.

I take with the pain - but also - hey - its just life.   Gotta find some humor....

Someone left me a VM last night

There was a coach named Bobby

Who rode a bike as a hobby

He picked up a b**ch

Ran into the ditch

and now he is looking for a jobby

Peace hog fans - we will survive

Cookin in Texas

Comments

• stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    Remember: you should be thankful if this is what a tough week is for you. ;)
    ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • centex99
    centex99 Posts: 231
    boatbum, guess I'll mark down arkansas as a win for us Aggies next year! :-)
    Hopefully it won't be our only win!
  • 99- you might beat whatever non conf cupcakes you scheduled but I'm counting on an 0-fer in conference play. Hook Em (can I still come to your house to eat Brisket?)

Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • cortguitarman
    cortguitarman Posts: 2,061
    You should try being a Penn State grad and fan right now. Not so much fun.
    Mark Annville, PA
  • You should try being a Penn State grad and fan right now. Not so much fun.

• BYS1981
    BYS1981 Posts: 2,533
    The Raiders cover all teams mentioned haha.

HC Dennis Allen - Aggie.

Huff and Houston - UT.

Wiseneski Steven and Stefan - Penn State.

D. McFadden - Arkansas.
  • centex99
    centex99 Posts: 231
    cen-tex, nope... well, I'd maybe share the bevo meat... but you likely wouldn't get any beer! :-P
  • BOWHUNR
    BOWHUNR Posts: 1,487
    A whiskey glass and a woman's a$$ have been the ruin of many a good man.

Mike

I'm ashamed what I did for a Klondike Bar!!

Omaha, NE
  • TxAg93
    TxAg93 Posts: 124
    Cen-Tex Better to play non-conference cupcakes, as you say, than to play a conference of cupcakes. ;) Gig 'em
  • Well one of our cupcakes just left and was replaced by a real team that goes to bowl games :))
  • & 99- it is just wrong to threaten to withhold beer from any man. We can work this out.
  • Eggbertsdad
    Eggbertsdad Posts: 804
    centex99, welcome to the SEC. Get Ready! It's all about the D in the SEC. I can't wait for my Vols to play the Aggies in College Station. That's a trip I have to make! 

boatbum, That's going to be a huge loss for the Hogs. WTH was he thinking...oh that's right, Little Bobby was doing the thinking. Can't say that hasn't happened to me before....but I'm not the highest profile person in the state.
    Sarasota, FL via Boynton Beach, FL, via Sarasota, FL, via Charleston, SC, via The Outer Banks, via God's Country (East TN on Ft. Loudon Lake)
  • If you coach...start getting ready for fall 2012...if you don't, get ready to spend 2012 at youth and high school games instead of Razorback games.  

You'll learn to appreciate the purity of football, and that should help get through a season or two that you don't want to watch either.

U of MN fan here...We just lived through 4 years of Tim Brewster...you can make it through one rebuilding year.
    Love smoking chicken...but they are hard to keep lit ;-) http://daveyrayland.wordpress.com/ Small Egg / Weber OTG 22" / CharGriller Trio / Masterbuilt 30" Electric
  • hogsfan
    hogsfan Posts: 128
    boatbum, guess I'll mark down arkansas as a win for us Aggies next year! :-)
    Hopefully it won't be our only win!
    Riiiiight. Way to kick us in the nuts while we are down. How's that whole "beating the Hogs" gone for you guys for the last 3 years...in a row...when all the games were in Texas? lol.
  • gfavor
    gfavor Posts: 74
    ROLL TIDE !!!!!
  • boatbum... there's a couple of very real reason you should be concerned.

1) Spring ball is over, there's no changing the offensive system now

2) Arkansas HAD a really good recruiting class and alot of them have tweeted they  are stayin in the program despite losing their head coach....but I wouldn't count on it. I know our Bob............ (Stoops), is probably fishing in Arkansas this week....

3) The most obvious choice for an interim would be Taver Johnson. And that's actually not a bad call...BUT I wouldn't count on Bobby's brother, Paul sticking around for the whole season.... that.....and Taver's offensive knowledge wouldn't fill up a thimble.

The good news..... you have Alabama & LSU at home this year.......Boston Butts are easy to cook......and beer is easy to drink...... 

BOOMER!
  • The good news..... you have Alabama & LSU at home this year.......Boston Butts are easy to cook......and beer is easy to drink...... 

Amen to that!
  • boatbum
    boatbum Posts: 1,273
    Rumor floating around that they are talking to art briles from Baylor. I would expect there are a lot of coaches that want in the sec, but hard for someone to walk in the door during may and have much success.

Afraid this might be a 7 or so win season. That's tough following 11 wins, and a top 5 ranking.
    Cookin in Texas
  • Mike8it
    Mike8it Posts: 468
    Why not pick up Butch Davis. He has about the same moral compass as ole bobby boy. The program wouldnt miss a beat. :\">
  • I was thinking Jim Tressel.... they seem to like those Ohio State coaches in Arkansas.
    BOOMER!
  • Chubbs
    Chubbs Posts: 6,929
    Why not that crazy ass from coastal Carolina that got fired--- David Bennett. He would be great for Arkansas. Go Cocks.
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • The way I heard it, a Hawg booster offered Jessica Dorrell a First Class ticket out of Arkansas, but she told him she'd rather ride Coach...
  • TxAg93
    TxAg93 Posts: 124
    @99. You think we'll get a new stadium or a long term revamp of Kyle? I'm hearing that it'll need to seat a minimum of 105k.
  • Mayberry
    Mayberry Posts: 750
    Welcome to the SEC, Aggie! I can't wait until my Dawgs play at College Station. You're going to be a good fit in the SEC, and you're in for a lot of fun, if you go to any of your away games.
    Athens, GA
    XL BGE, Large BGE and RecTec590
  • SandBilly
    SandBilly Posts: 227
    Dallas Cowboys...
  • Volfo
    Volfo Posts: 39

As a fellow SEC fan that has seen his team fall from grace to the depths of mediocri-T, let me share my condolences.

At the same time, you know deep down you guys made a deal with the devil, now you are paying the price for that deal.  At least you got some good years out of it first. 

fire up the egg and enjoy some bbq.  It's just spring football season anyway.  turn on some baseball and if you are from Arkansas, find some boulevard for you bbq and count your blessings . . . .

• reh111
    reh111 Posts: 196
    As a life long Arkansas resident and Razorback football fan (64 years and counting) when I reflect on the most recent situation, it occurs to me that this is just another in a long list (since Broyles) of coaching dramas that we've had.  Running off Lou Holtz & Ken Hatfield for no good reasons and hiring replacements like Jack Crowe.  Having malcontents flying airplanes with banners over the stadium urging the firing of Houston Nutt and the revelations of his indiscretions and obsession with text messaging (Bobby, did you not read the news about that???).  This is just another in a long line of dramas that has finally led me to giving up my season tickets this year.  

I'm proud of Jeff Long and I think the team will be fine, although perhaps not a national contender as hoped.

That said, I understand that Petrino's wife has left him and moved to College Station - she wanted to get as far away from college football as possible ;-)

• EggRacer
    EggRacer Posts: 400
    This is a drawing of the proposed new Kyle Field in College Station.

XLBGE & LBGE
    North Richland Hills, TX
  • reh111
    reh111 Posts: 196
    Only an Aggie would buy a ticket for some of those seats :-)
  • eggo
    eggo Posts: 492
    Should have talked to Louisville and Atlanta before hiring Bobby. Good coach but no class.

Roll Tide
    Eggo in N. MS