Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Where do you store your EGG accessories?

forty_crk
forty_crk Posts: 52
edited April 2012 in EggHead Forum

I store mine inside my egg after I shut it down.

2- plate setters (one has a broke leg- I just can't part with it)

1- pizza stone

SS and CI grid

Veggie rack

V-Rack

kabob rack

extension rack

I guess I cook enough on the egg cause I have never had any mold issues

I store my other accessories in an outdoor box on my back porch- grid pliers, electric fire starter, torch starter, BGE fire starter bricks, welder gloves, lump coal bags and flavored wood chunks.  

Reed- Springhill, Louisiana

Comments

• brimee
    brimee Posts: 127
    In my gasser, haven't used it since I got my Egg.
    Brian
    Fairview, Texas
  • cortguitarman
    cortguitarman Posts: 2,061
    I keep the stone and platesetter on the lower shelf of my table. Pizza peel slides nicely under the platesetter. I have 2 plastic bins on rails that I keep other stuff in that I don't want to get wet. My half moon raised grid and grate live inside of the egg.
    Mark Annville, PA
  • Village Idiot
    Village Idiot Posts: 6,959
    edited April 2012
    In two cabinets in my garage, along with big pots and pans.The stuff I use all the time, like the plate setter and spider, I keep on the shelf below the Egg.

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

• xraypat23
    xraypat23 Posts: 421
    spider, weber 13"  cast iron grate, 13"stone, adjustable rig, oval grid, stock stainless grid, rib rack, grid lifter, ash tool and DFMT all go inside the egg.

Dutch oven, pizza peel, other rib rack, electric lighter all in the weber 26.75 kettle. 
  • forty_crk
    I just wondered if I was the only one that used the EGG for storage
  • Doc_Eggerton
    Doc_Eggerton Posts: 5,321
    I don't store anything other than what was used on the last cook, and the daisey wheel, inside.  I cook on both Eggs at least once a day.  I could not do all that loading and unloading.

I store my stuff in or behind the bench.  Not real pretty, but works well.

XXL #82 out of the first 100, XLGE X 2, LBGE (gave this one to daughter 1.0) , MBGE (now in the hands of iloveagoodyoke daughter 2.0) and lots of toys

• ChokeOnSmoke
    ChokeOnSmoke Posts: 1,942
    edited April 2012
    I keep my lump, smoke wood, an electric starter in one of these sitting near the EGG.
    Keeps everything dry year round...
    Packerland, Wisconsin

• cortguitarman
    cortguitarman Posts: 2,061
    I keep my lump, smoke wood, an electric starter in one of these sitting near the EGG.
    I wanted to buy one of those and my wife said it would be a perfect place for the kids outdoor toys. She needs to understand that the egg is my outdoor toy and we need one for the kids and one for me. Sounds logical, right?
    :))
    Mark Annville, PA
  • ChokeOnSmoke
    ChokeOnSmoke Posts: 1,942
    edited April 2012
    I wanted to buy one of those and my wife said it would be a perfect place for the kids outdoor toys. She needs to understand that the egg is my outdoor toy and we need one for the kids and one for me. Sounds logical, right?
    :))
    You got that right.  Exactly what happened at my house.  Wife has one for her "garden junk", mine is filled with the "good stuff".  Also makes a good place to set your drink down or have a seat if needed.
    Packerland, Wisconsin

• MaskedMarvel
    MaskedMarvel Posts: 3,136
    Thinking of picking this up.  Read the thread and lemme know if you think it fits the bill...

Large BGE and Medium BGE
    36" Blackstone - Greensboro!

• Smoker_Guru
    Smoker_Guru Posts: 372
    In two cabinets in my garage, along with big pots and pans.The stuff I use all the time, like the plate setter and spider, I keep on the shelf below the Egg.

VI, I do not see a single "WOK"... Whats up with that???
  • Village Idiot
    SG,

Left cabinet, second lowest shelf, wrapped in kitchen garbage bag, is my 16" wok with a wooden handle.  My 3 other woks are on a rack above my stove with my CI pans.  I don't like to keep my woks outside in the humidity.

Dripping Springs, Texas.

• Smoker_Guru
    That's better, had me worried there for a minute :-)
  • Smoker_Guru
    Nice looking pan rack too.
  • tazcrash
    tazcrash Posts: 1,852
    @VI, I spy some quality cookware in those craftsman cabinets. Very nice.
    I think the wife would kill me if i put our enamel pot in the egg.
    Bx - > NJ ->TX!!! 
    All to get cheaper brisket! 
  • Village Idiot
    @VI, I spy some quality cookware in those craftsman cabinets. Very nice.
    I think the wife would kill me if i put our enamel pot in the egg.
    Yep, I am not allowed to put the Le Creuset pots on the Egg.  Those cabinets are for Egg stuff and kitchen overflow. 

:-@

Dripping Springs, Texas.

• forty_crk

.image
    My wife might bring home the wrong cut of brisket but she did bring me one these a few years ago...I store my lump, starters and wood chunks in it
  • Ragtop99
    Ragtop99 Posts: 1,570
    edited April 2012
    I have the vertical equivalent of one those that I used to store soccer stuff when I was coaching.  I have charcoal, chunks, and indirect stone in it.   I need to add a couple more shelves to handle accessories.  Currently using my weber kettle to store my CI grid and another bin for the chimney and other stuff.
    Cooking on an XL and Medium in Bethesda, MD.
  • AZRP
    AZRP Posts: 10,116
    edited April 2012
  • I keep my lump, smoke wood, an electric starter in one of these sitting near the EGG.
    same setup for me. you save me taking a pic :)

Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • Smokin' Todd
    Smokin' Todd Posts: 1,104
    That's what the old gasser is for.  -RP

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a178/AZRP/IMG_0403Small.jpg
    HEY Randy!! Todd here/ I would like to discuss something with you. Please email me usaalways@gmail.com